Sign in to follow this  
MikeMartel

dbdrag Street Trunk Build

Its a little early as I have not even purchased the subwoofers yet but I'm excited! So here is the plan. Ill be running my 2004 Impala in the street trunk class so I'm limited to 4000 watts. I'll be running two 15" Icons with a nice big aeroport. Still trying to figure out amplifier situation but the Crescendo 3500d seems like a good choice. Full 0 gauge with a group 31 in the trunk. Hoping to do a lot of testing, and have a lot of fun. Representing SSA in the Great White North.

nice man! SSA is on the competitor map now lately. My friend had an impala with a single btl n2 15 on about 3k rms and it got down really nice! 2 15's should be interesting.

Yeah.. So twice the cone area on about 4k rms should do just fine. Going to fool around with the tuning a whole bunch to find out what I like best for daily situations. Im thinking about 28hz. ;)

Obviously, once everything is done the wire will be hidden and ran underneath the carpet all pretty like. Little update here; re-located my 4 channel out of the way, and temporarily put my Kinetik 1400 in the back corner of my trunk. (This will be replaced with a G31 and secured using a proper battery box). And Iv got both my + and - runs of 1/0 to my back battery. Here are some quick pictures

photo2-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

Edited by MikeMartel

Here is the bad boy amp ill be running, sadly no high res pictures for you old school amp fans but here it is, my Visonik 4000xd.

IMG_05101.jpg

Hopefully going to be able to start putting the shell of my box together sometime this weekend, so ill have updates soon!

You need some new pictures, take some with the lights on :)

You need some new pictures, take some with the lights on smile.png

Lights are on.. Crappy iphone camera. Ill see if I can borrow a nice digital camera and take some proper ones. :D

Going to be building the enclosure inside my trunk in order to get as much cuft as possible. Im looking at 19" height, 45" wide and about 22" deep. Should be great!

Way way behind on this build log.. Ill do a little update, no real pictures. I finished the box, 10" aero firing forward tuned to about 33hz and was able to pull off a 146.6 db with pretty bad voltage drop. I finished ordering my new amp (bc3500d). Ill try to get some pictures up soon.

I'm going to retest with the crescendo and see what happens.

pics or sftu :)

Well.. Havent done much updating here but Iv got new plans going on.  Iv decided the two 15's are limiting what I can do out of my trunk, no room for batteries or more amplifiers so Im going to be switching it up to two 12's.  The plan is going to be testing out the DSS Ethos subs as soon as I get them in. But I grabbed some Obsidians at a local competition for the time being.  But. Before pictures of the new build go up, here are a couple pictures of the Icons. 

058_zps3cb55189.jpg

067_zps64e65e5b.jpg

Absolutely loved the Icons, they sounded great, pounded hard.  I just sadly chose the wrong size for my application which is why Im making a switch.

094_zpsaa295ea6.jpg

Icons all gone... Time for something new!   Obsidian 12's

091_zps574e4c8f.jpg

090_zpsfd5b9cea.jpg