Robertjr79

need help picking subs and components

I'll be upgrading my system next summer but I'll buying the gear over the winter so come summer it will be build time. I need help pick out subs and some components speakers. As for what vehicle its going in, I'm not sure yet I'm planing on buying a second car also next summer. I'm just trying to have all the gear ready for when I do buy a car, but most likely will be a 2 door car as it will be my car to go to work mostly.

I have decided on the amp I will be picking up over the winter, Crescendo BC2000d for the subs and C1100.4 for the mids and highs. Depending on the car and if I have room, I may also down the road pick up a second BC2000d.

For subs I have been looking at Skar VVX, Sundown SA and SSA, looking for 15" subs. I'm leaning more with the SSA, witch SSA subs would be better with the BC2000d?

Now for components I always bought Infinity kappa I'm on my 3rd set now ( 3 different car) and I would like to try some thing else. I have been looking at Focal and was wondering the C1100.4 put out 180 X 4 and the Focal are rated from 60 to 100 rms, could I run then on the C1100.4? I was planing on getting 2 pairs for each doors, would that keep up with the sub stage?

Any help/suggestion would be great

Thanks

EDIT: as for budget around $300 for each subs and each components.

Edited by Robertjr79

You didn't say what your goals were or what kind of music you listen to.

That being said an Icon 15 would be worth a look.

Focal are generally an Sq oriented brand and putting multiple pairs in the doors just shoots that in the foot. Sounds like you are just looking for loud so I think that is even more reason to stay away from that type of component.

I've seen several people rave about the new Rockford Pro series although I have yet to hear them. Might be worth a look. Sounds like you have plenty of time to research.

What you didn't mention and I highly recommend is to sound deadening or maybe even barrier. Look at SDS and the new vendor Stp.

Lastly don't forget you need supporting electrical system to run your equipment. That can add up in a hurry.

You didn't say what your goals were or what kind of music you listen to.

That being said an Icon 15 would be worth a look.

Focal are generally an Sq oriented brand and putting multiple pairs in the doors just shoots that in the foot. Sounds like you are just looking for loud so I think that is even more reason to stay away from that type of component.

I've seen several people rave about the new Rockford Pro series although I have yet to hear them. Might be worth a look. Sounds like you have plenty of time to research.

What you didn't mention and I highly recommend is to sound deadening or maybe even barrier. Look at SDS and the new vendor Stp.

Lastly don't forget you need supporting electrical system to run your equipment. That can add up in a hurry.

I mostly listen to rap, hip-hip, r&b and sometime techno.

I was looking at the icon put wasn't sure if the BC2000d puts out enough power for 2 icons.

I just want to be able to hear the music clear, loud and able to keep up with the bass if I do decide to ad a second BC2000d and subs. Well I 90% sure I'll be adding a second one down the road.

I didn't mention sound deadening and electrical as I do not know what car its going in but that is going to be decided when the time comes. I know I'll need a ho alt and a few batteries in the back.

EDIT: I was thinking of 2 pairs of Crescendo PWX 6.5" and a set of Crescendo FT1 super tweets would that be a good choice for the doors?

Edited by Robertjr79

Super tweeters are never a good choice. Pick up a pair of Focal 6.5" polyglass components and you will be more than happy.

Well thanks for you help guy but I decided ti wait and buy the car first so I no want kind of electrical system I would need. Plus I'll save some more and do 4 X 15" Icon on Crescendo amps. But I will be picking up 3 Phoenix Gold amp soon, ti400.2, ti600.2 and a ti1000.2 for the mini van.