thegrad1112

what should i do...sell or not ot sell?

i have 1 15 inch ascendant audio havoc....it dosent have much play on it.the basket is broke on it and it seems to be over heating.i hit a 143.1 on a term lab though ,even broke..the question is ....a friend of mine just offer me 300$ cash for it even though it is broke.if i do sell 300$ is all i have to spend on a new sub....should i sell...recone and get the basket fixed?if i do sell i was looking at a ssa icon 18 or 15 ....same rms but will it be just as loud or louder......any suggestions for subs ....they are going into a trunk of a grand prix....just scared that its going to pop due to the basket being broke and it over heating.

You have a nice sub I'd keep it. If I remember correctly the damage was cosmetic and you need a new enclosure.

yes the basket is broke and the box it is in is junk......just worried that the coil is out of allignment and is goin to burn it up....the cone is getting way warmer then it did when it wasent broke..but it was on a junk 4k kole audio amp...now it on a 1200 rms hifonics

Put it in a new box. Heat is normal, and if you added more power more heat is normal.

I would rebuild the sub you currently have.

Highly doubt you will see any improvement in replacing it with the subs you listed.

thanks for the info every one ......im going to keep and get it repaired down the road......like i said he was trying to rip me off

:WELCOME: