bigger_george

Well, there goes my Maz6

Well, I got in a car accident today; it wasn't completely wrecked though. I got real lucky. There was a dead taxi in the middle of the interstate in a turn. I hit the brakes hard, swerved out of the way and got straight out rear-ended by an accord. Bumper now hangs off the bolts and a tiny dent from a nick on the taxi. I'll post some pix up if anyone's interested. Luckily , no one was seriously injured but i don't know who the insurance company will put at fault.

Well, I got in a car accident today; it wasn't completely wrecked though. I got real lucky. There was a dead taxi in the middle of the interstate in a turn. I hit the brakes hard, swerved out of the way and got straight out rear-ended by an accord. Bumper now hangs off the bolts and a tiny dent from a nick on the taxi. I'll post some pix up if anyone's interested. Luckily , no one was seriously injured but i don't know who the insurance company will put at fault.

:Doh: Pics?

i'll post em up as soon as i get home, no camera with me at work. You should see that Accord. The engine looked messed up, fluids leaking, and the guy couldn't put it on neutral to move it to the side. On the good not, at least i don't have a system in the car that would have been ruined.

Edited by bigger_george

ouch

Wow, that sucks.

Is the damage repairable ?

Yeah it is, The bumper needs to be replaced and the bumper frame rewelded. Right frond fender has a dent so it can be dinged out or replaced and I'm going to the school doctor tommorrow to check up on my neck that is pretty sore right now. I was lucky it wasn't worse with how hard he hit me.

I'd rather the car be beyond repair so I get a new one, especially if it's a new car (assuming you got the replacement warranty) ... The resale value and long-term reliability goes to absolute sh|t after it's been in an accident ...

Glad to hear everyone was OK, though ...

I'd rather the car be beyond repair so I get a new one, especially if it's a new car (assuming you got the replacement warranty) ...  The resale value and long-term reliability goes to absolute sh|t after it's been in an accident ...

Glad to hear everyone was OK, though ...

Yeah I know what you mean but I would have to redo the leather and the sound deadening in it, which would be a pain.

I had a friend run into a dead car in the middle of a freeway on a straightaway, and he wasn't at fault so hopefully it'll be the same for you even though it was a little bit different. Sorry to hear about the accident :(

Thanks for the concernguys. I have talked to a few friends so far and they have all said it would probably be considered the honda accord's fault since they typically put the person who hit the other because they did not give enough space for the driver to turn, but i guess i will find out from the insurance company.

glad ur ok BG....

sorry to hear about the wreck though,.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

glad ur ok BG....

sorry to hear about the wreck though,.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

x2!!

Hope you get it fixed and back to you ASAP.

I bet that honda will cost more to fix

WIll depend on the year of the vehicle and the amount of damage. If it's an older one, parts will be plentiful and cheap. As for your car, I can almost guarantee there is frame damage. MAy be negligable, but there will still be some..

The best part, everyone's still alive!

Hope it goes well!

Claimed the accident but the appointment for the appraisal isn't til next Friday (earliest available for the approved company). Well, I guess I won't be able to drive it for 2-3 weeks, quite a pain but i guess I'll have to deal with it.

I saw the school doctor today, they prescribed me a pain killer for my neck, said it most likely isn't anything serious, just strained muscles. I hope the structural damage isn't too bad to take longer for repairs Tirefyr, but at least i will be guaranteed a rental. As for his car, it was a 98 4-door accord.

Insurance company called today, missed the call so i will hit it up tommorrow, slacking on getting the pix.

The main thing is that everyone is ok eventhough you have put so much work into it from what it sounds like.

It is pretty hard to touch a paint can for less than $500, then for every body panel it is at least that more. Imports the usually get you for no reason as well.