Sign in to follow this  
Budah93

Battery Shopping

I'm planning on buying a new starting battery for my suv. I'm running sa15's on a hifonics brutus elite 1600. I plan on doing the big 3 in the process. I just need to know what would be a good battery to put up front. I would like to do the big 3 and a new battery up front and then put a second one in the back. My budget is around $200 give or take

i'm looking at either a yellow top, an xs d3400 or an xs d1500

xsd3400.

Found this online couple days ago. http://www.remybattery.com/Deka-Intimidator-9A34M-AGM-Marine-Battery-P9239.aspx

same ratings as a yellow top optima or any other g34 battery. except a shat tone cheaper.

Only thing different from this one and any other 12month warranty instead of a 72month.

i've never heard of a remy battery? I would have to do some research on that before i even would consider buying that.

is there something wrong with the current battery you are using?

If it's not the same as the rest you may have in the back, u can spend an easy ~$50 from www.oznium.com on a 200A solenoid.

This will allow you to run a standard lead acid batt with sealed lead acid(AGM) in the rear without worrying about effecting cycle life of all the batts in the vehicle.

Or.. if you insist on changing batt to prevent from using a solenoid, get a small aH batt.

Your batt up front will not help your voltage for your car audio IF and only IF you have batt(s) in the rear.

So there is no sense in spending a lot of money up front when it all comes from the back.

How will a big battery upfront not help my volts? and the battery up front is almost shot

I'm just curious because the xsd3400 says it can produce 2000 watts as the starting battery and that would be more than sufficient for what I'm working with

I believe Remy is just a reseller with their own brand of blank label batteries made by someone else.

The Deka Intimidator is a nice battery. Along with the rebadges like CarQuest NGT Extreme, Oreilly SuperStart Extreme, etc.

The Diehard Platinum is a really nice battery too. That's what I have as my main battery. They are OEM"d by Oddyssey.

Check out the Sear's Diehard Platinum batts, they are made by odyssey and I hear a lot of good about them. For a starter batt, try and find something with a good discharge rate if you're going for AGM. For example, I'm running a batcap 2000 under the hood and used it as a dedicated starter batt all throughout winter. It worked great since batcap's have a higher discharge rate than most AGM's.