Sign in to follow this  
Nextiii

backseat box question

IM doing a backseat box for a 07 dodge charger and just wanted to know the best direction to fire in? My original idea was to have subs inverted firing up and port up and no I don't want to wall it because im plannning on doing some fancy fiberglassing in the back seat. Im also not going to compete this is just a loud daily driver will be 2 18 zcons on a 5k amp. Just want to know optimal firing direction and the trunk will also be sealed off.

Hard to know, best way to know what will be loudest is to test test test.

I can almost promise you need a wall man.

working with 30 x 50 x 23 plus no back seats

You have 30" of depth or height?

sorry i have 23 high 30 deep 50 wide and will be using aero ports

Edited by Nextiii

What size aero ports? 30" sounds like a lot of depth for that car.

Hey, what's up!!

I'm going to do some number crunching for you and get you an email back tomorrow morning. I'm also going to look into a few options to use larger ports to decrease the number of ports.

Anyway, this should be a fun build when it's all over and done with. That offer for the walls still stands if you change your mind lol.

4 6 inch aeros and the back seat is pretty big. Bigger then any car ive owned

I would do a slot port and use more port area.

I'm also going to look into a few options to use larger ports to decrease the number of ports.

Or that^^^

But still more port area.

Yea, the issue is of course the length if you do more port area with precision ports. A slot port may start to be an issue if it takes up to much room. But that is all in the number crunching and see what happens in the end.

No matter which direction it goes in...I'm sure it will end up being fairly loud. lol

Yea, the issue is of course the length if you do more port area with precision ports. A slot port may start to be an issue if it takes up to much room. But that is all in the number crunching and see what happens in the end.

No matter which direction it goes in...I'm sure it will end up being fairly loud. lol

I'm sure you'll find a way to make it loud :fing34:

Personally I'd try to aim the subs forward port forward or port up. My back seat boxes has constantly been subs up port forward. Doesn't meter worth a shit but it's definitely loud :) A lot louder than the meter shows.

Also if you need more space you can always build a small "box" going into the trunk. Which is what I did.

lol yea I made this thread before I talked to you.

Personally I'd try to aim the subs forward port forward or port up. My back seat boxes has constantly been subs up port forward. Doesn't meter worth a shit but it's definitely loud smile.png A lot louder than the meter shows.

Also if you need more space you can always build a small "box" going into the trunk. Which is what I did.

yea idc about numbers

Still working on it lol

go to 3min this was 38hz @9.5 cubes. I just changed it to 33.5hz @10cubes(smaller port) Also at this time, not knowingly but one of the motors is falling off lol.