Sign in to follow this  
nickm

wiring my new Mag 12s

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, But I don't wanna screw up my subs.

There may be a simple solution to this. I might just be making it harder than it really is.

On my old Kicker 1200.1 amp, there was a set of RCA signal outputs. I ran these to my amp for the door speakers. Well I don't have this on my IA 20.1

Any suggestions? Or it as simple as running a couple sets of RCA splitters?

Another question:

I want to run 2 subs off this amp. My subs are dual 2 ohm SI Mag 12s. I know how to wire the sub coils (parallel) But do I run them to 1 connection at the amp or 2?

what type of head unit are you using? It should have another set of rca for the rear or subwoofer and just run a set of rca's to the amp for the doors and one set to the 20.1.. If you can only have one set of rca's coming from your head unit than you can use rca splitters.It doesn't matter which way you wire the subs to the amp, whether it be to one output or two. Mono amps are internally bridged so either you can wire the subs to the amp in the final load or you can wire each sub separetely and the amp will create the final load.hth

Edited by t money

2_2ohmDVC_05ohm.gif

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

I personally would wire them to 2 ohms for daily, but when you want to cut loose, .5 would be sweet

I have mine at .5 daily on my 20.1.  Food for thought.

How is that working out for you, sound quality wise? The 20.1 is a beast so I'm sure it doesn't mind thermally, just curious about fidelity at 0.5 ohms.

I have mine at .5 daily on my 20.1.  Food for thought.

How is that working out for you, sound quality wise? The 20.1 is a beast so I'm sure it doesn't mind thermally, just curious about fidelity at 0.5 ohms.

They're in a trunk, and as far as SQ is concerned... they don't miss a beat ;) ...

nG