Sign in to follow this  
danish6259

Component set and amplifer help

Hey everyone! I'm looking to replace my current set-up with something new. My amp just died today on the way home from work and so I'm in the need of a replacement. Currently I have a set of RS65.2's up front only, after pulling out the rear deck speakers. Having only a front sound stage is new to me but, after running it a few weeks, I got used to it and really enjoy it.

What I'm looking for is either a new amp to power the existing set I already have (not sure how much life is left in them) or get a new amp and a set of components to match. Budget is ~500 but I wouldn't mind going a little more if I could get a nice eq in there to really dial in the system. If you need any other system info, ask away. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Nick

Are those the kickers?

Personally I'd rather do a component and amp combo.

Not sure what your goals are or what you listen to so hard to suggest any equipment.

Think they're Phoenix gold

Yeah, they're the Kickers. I've enjoyed them but I think they're about due to be replaced also.

I'm looking more to get into sq now. My days of having an obnoxiously loud system are pretty much over and I'm getting more into the quality aspect. As for music I listen to, that could vary from day to day. Classical, hip hop, rock, metal, edm My taste in music is all over the place so I can't really nail it down to one of two styles so something that could cover a wide range is what I'm looking for.