Sign in to follow this  
PistolPete94

Subwoofer decisions for my truck

I'm stuck on what 12" sub i wanna buy for my truck. This will be my first system. Im trying to decide between Skar VVX 12, Sundown SA 12, and the Gcon 12. Ive heard great reviews for all of these. But i just cant decide. They all sound GREAT. I guess the deciding factor will be how durable and reliable they are on top of what other peoples opinions are. Any advice would be great!

The enclosure is going to make a HUGE difference. How much space do you have? Are you thinking ported or sealed? What equipment do you already have? We are going to need more information to offer you good advice.

x2 ^ you are in good hands.

I'm lookin at a ported box and I have a space between my driver seat and the rear windshield big enough for a small flip out seat for someone to fit if I needed to drive 3 people. I don't have the exact measurements but its in a 04 Nissan frontier if that helps

I have been running a 12" gcon d2 with a 2.5 cuft. box tuned to 36hz on 750rms power and the sound is fantstic. Can get loud but it has awesume sound quality. plus you dont have to use that much power 500rms is plenty.

I'm lookin at a ported box and I have a space between my driver seat and the rear windshield big enough for a small flip out seat for someone to fit if I needed to drive 3 people. I don't have the exact measurements but its in a 04 Nissan frontier if that helps

I would measure out the area you have to work with and go from there.

The Gcon gets my vote. We have built many enclosures for them not heard a single negative review on those drivers.

I have been running a 12" gcon d2 with a 2.5 cuft. box tuned to 36hz on 750rms power and the sound is fantstic. Can get loud but it has awesume sound quality. plus you dont have to use that much power 500rms is plenty.

Sweet, i got a 1000 watt amp so i should be good. How does the sub sound through the highs and lows?

The Gcon gets my vote. We have built many enclosures for them not heard a single negative review on those drivers.

I was gonna order my sub from SSA so i was gonna get a box tuned to about 32-35hz. my box has to be more tall than wide . I got a space about a foot and a half wide and 2-3ft tall

If you need a custom box, pro-rabbit is your guy.

how much for a ported box? it has to be able to fit in a 2 by 2 1/2 ft and can be able 2-3ft tall. tuned for a gcon 12

I was gonna order my sub from SSA so i was gonna get a box tuned to about 32-35hz. my box has to be more tall than wide . I got a space about a foot and a half wide and 2-3ft tall

Its the box that will make it sound good or not so good.

I know dude thats why im hopefully gonna be ablo to get a box from pro-rabbit