Sign in to follow this  
1two3

Optima VS Xs as primary

ALL AGM batteries are Lead Acid batteries.

Also, Deep Cycle refers to the primary purpose of the battery, not the type of battery.

Deep Cycle would mean low current discharge to extreme low discharge % before recharging.

Deep Cycle is not ideal for car audio unless you have an enormous amount of them to compensate for the advised discharge current usage from the batteries themselves.

ALL AGM batteries are Lead Acid batteries.

Also, Deep Cycle refers to the primary purpose of the battery, not the type of battery.

Deep Cycle would mean low current discharge to extreme low discharge % before recharging.

Deep Cycle is not ideal for car audio unless you have an enormous amount of them to compensate for the advised discharge current usage from the batteries themselves.

Thanks for your help.

do you think i should get the duralast in the url i posted earlier or suck it up and get the xs?

if you are going to get a local battery for the rear, get a diehard platinum. Otherwise, go with Odyssey or XS.

If your only getting one (under the hood) for now - I would just suck it up and go XS. the XS D5100R has these specs: MAX Amps – 3100

CA – 745A

RC – 100min.

Ah – 60

These are better than the batt you posted in the link for sure (i beleive was like 500 cranking amps)

Like i said before, im no expert, but there is a reason that all ("most" from what ive seen) the big name guys in car audio use either XS or kinetic. Personally, i bought an optima yellow first because it was cheaper and now im regretting my decision - i wish i had just spent the dough and gone XS. Dont get me wrong, the optima is a great batt, but the XS is truly better for car audio.

If i were you, i would just go XS under the hood and then add another XS in the back later (if necessary). that way you know you've got just about the best batts and dont have to worry about mixing types/voltage issues later on.

Hope that helped a little :) again, just my opinion and what i wish i had done better!

If your only getting one (under the hood) for now - I would just suck it up and go XS. the XS D5100R has these specs: MAX Amps – 3100

CA – 745A

RC – 100min.

Ah – 60

These are better than the batt you posted in the link for sure (i beleive was like 500 cranking amps)

Like i said before, im no expert, but there is a reason that all ("most" from what ive seen) the big name guys in car audio use either XS or kinetic. Personally, i bought an optima yellow first because it was cheaper and now im regretting my decision - i wish i had just spent the dough and gone XS. Dont get me wrong, the optima is a great batt, but the XS is truly better for car audio.

If i were you, i would just go XS under the hood and then add another XS in the back later (if necessary). that way you know you've got just about the best batts and dont have to worry about mixing types/voltage issues later on.

Hope that helped a little smile.png again, just my opinion and what i wish i had done better!

i was afraid you might say that. you get what you pay for i guess.

ill be getting one to go with my new sub then.

thanks everyone for ur help