Sign in to follow this  
pmureika

2 Dcon 15s or 2 sundown E-15s

I want to do a low power build but have good Sq. Which would be the better driver?

The dcon is known to sound phenomenal. The sundown E series, I have not heard much about, other than its just a budget speaker.

The dcon is known to sound phenomenal. The sundown E series, I have not heard much about, other than its just a budget speaker.

My first ssa sub was a single 12.I am definitely leaning to 2 D4 15 dcons.

I agree. My sister's DCON 12 is an amazing sub and as I've said before if I had to do it again I'm sure I would have been just as happy with a pair of DCON's in place of the Q's. They're articulate and precise with plenty of guts on their output.

That's the biggest reason I bought that DCON 15 from Sean, just to have it on hand, it's too good not to.

I just have to decide if I want to use up that much space in my Liberty.

If box size is an issue then we all know Sundowns take smaller boxes but being on this forum everybody is gonna recommend SSA so its pointless to make this thread. If your leaning towards Dcons and don't want to take up to much space then do one 15 or two 12s, simple as that.

Seriously? You asked this on the SSA forum....what did you think the answer would be? As a matter of fact, I've seen you recommend Dcon's over the E-Series before...so...I don't understand what you wanted to get out of this thread...

Anyway, here's my unbiased opinion.

I've heard the E-series. They're on par with some of the more expensive mainstream drivers. In my experience they sound better than Rockford P2's (in a direct swap) and take more power. The P2's got stinky whereas the E's didn't break a sweat. They're rated for the same power.

In the installation I heard them in, they were a little bit more peaky than my SA-12's but that was 99% a fault of the box they were in. I never got to hear them on anything on rap music so I can't truly comment on the quality of their sound but 35hz was damn loud for what it was.

The main reason to get the E's over the Dcon's is price (are you willing to pay more?) and build time (the E's will ship next day. Dcon's have to be built). I think they're both good drivers but they're aimed at different audiences.

I have heard great things about the dcons.. I currenlty am trying out the sundown e series here shortly as i have the subs but need to build a box. I have talked to alton on the phone many times and he just raves about the dcon. Most importantly its about the box and the space youd want to take up.and price. Im sure they are both great subs for their price range! Let me know what you go with. Ill post a review of my sundowns once i get box built.

Seriously? You asked this on the SSA forum....what did you think the answer would be? As a matter of fact, I've seen you recommend Dcon's over the E-Series before...so...I don't understand what you wanted to get out of this thread...

Anyway, here's my unbiased opinion.

I've heard the E-series. They're on par with some of the more expensive mainstream drivers. In my experience they sound better than Rockford P2's (in a direct swap) and take more power. The P2's got stinky whereas the E's didn't break a sweat. They're rated for the same power.

In the installation I heard them in, they were a little bit more peaky than my SA-12's but that was 99% a fault of the box they were in. I never got to hear them on anything on rap music so I can't truly comment on the quality of their sound but 35hz was damn loud for what it was.

The main reason to get the E's over the Dcon's is price (are you willing to pay more?) and build time (the E's will ship next day. Dcon's have to be built). I think they're both good drivers but they're aimed at different audiences.

What I want is other peoples opinions!

Its that to much to ask?

Yes it is too much to ask, you get what you put into it. If this was a serious thread and you took the time to give us proper information then no it wouldn't be to much to ask. Dont know if your trolling with your threads or not but at least put the effort into following the rules on how to make a thread.

Yes it is too much to ask, you get what you put into it. If this was a serious thread and you took the time to give us proper information then no it wouldn't be to much to ask. Dont know if your trolling with your threads or not but at least put the effort into following the rules on how to make a thread.

Whats your problem all I did was ask a question? I dont care if you dont like what I asked.

Is it a better thread then others if I ask here is sub a,b & c which should I use?

Idk how people could even say anything about him trolling.. Beyond me... He was just asking a general question? Anyways both are great build qualigy if you ask me. Like i said ill give you my review on the e series very soon. The wholr troll thing about his post is still beyond me lo. Somr people must just be bored i guess lol. Sorry pmure

Idk how people could even say anything about him trolling.. Beyond me... He was just asking a general question? Anyways both are great build qualigy if you ask me. Like i said ill give you my review on the e series very soon. The wholr troll thing about his post is still beyond me lo. Somr people must just be bored i guess lol. Sorry pmure

Read the rules in the newbie section.

Wtf? Not a newbie thanks..

Wtf? Not a newbie thanks..

Those rules apply to everybody.Didnt mean to say you were a newbie! Edited by pmureika

No idea why you said that towards my post was only backing you and trying to give you helpful info..