MontanaJon

Opinion whole new system

Hey guys,

Im new to SSA and car audio in general.

I have been doing a little bit of research but would like to have other opinions.

My question is in your opinion what is the best deck, speaker, and amp set up for around 500. Sorry if i am a noob but i had to ask.

I am getting really tired of the speakers i have now in my Jeep Liberty, they absolutely suck and i have to iPod hook-up so it is time to get some new equipment.

I may add a sub later when i have more cash.

Thanks in advance guys!

Im not sure what you mean by features, but i need it to be able to have USB hook-up because the case i have on my iphone does not allow for the headphone jack to be used. I dont really know anything about decks but as long as i had some sort of EQ i think i would be good.

Another question, can subs be hooked up to any kind of deck ir just ones designed for it? Thanks

Im not sure what you mean by features, but i need it to be able to have USB hook-up because the case i have on my iphone does not allow for the headphone jack to be used. I dont really know anything about decks but as long as i had some sort of EQ i think i would be good.

Another question, can subs be hooked up to any kind of deck ir just ones designed for it? Thanks

You will need "pre outs" to run external amplifiers. I would look at a Pioneer head unit that fits your budget. Something like this would be nice. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-DEH-P9400BH-CAR-CD-IPOD-MP3-WMA-USB-PLAYER-RECEIVER-BLUETOOTH-HD-RADIO-/390488764853?pt=Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item5aeaf1b1b5

if you dont care about having bluetooth, i just bought a pioneer deh 7400hd id recommend, great headunit with rear usb can be had a little bit cheaper than ^^

Edited by cmw5e

This is what I would do with a $500 budget that didn't include a sub and didn't need any special bells and whistles.

$130 Kenwood KDC-BT652U HU

$100 Boston Acoustics GT-275

$200 JBL GTO608C 6.5" Components

$27 KnuKonceptz 4AWG amp kit

--------------------------------------------------

$457 Total, which leaves extra in the budget for sound deadening. Not a great deal extra, but enough to get a start on it.

At least, this is one of the directions I would go if I were in the same situation and on the same budget.

What year Liberty?

Thanks for the reply guys. Do you think installing all of this myself would be possible? i dont have any experiance though.

My Jeep is a 2006

Do you think installing all of this myself would be possible? i dont have any experiance though.

Absolutely, we all started out that way.

Do you think installing all of this myself would be possible? i dont have any experiance though.

Absolutely, we all started out that way.

if only we were all as smart as him and ask before buying ... instead of buying all kinds of shit and ask questions later !!

if only we were all as smart as him and ask before buying ... instead of buying all kinds of shit and ask questions later !!

I'm guilty of that for sure.

If I only had $500 for a system I wouldn't buy a headunit but just use a volume knob and my media player.

Hell, actually I was far from that budget limit on my boat and I still didn't use a headunit.

If I only had $500 for a system I wouldn't buy a headunit but just use a volume knob and my media player.

I like this idea, I do like having a head unit though.

I also like the idea but using a smartphone ore the likes of it behind the steeringwheel is a 400 dollar fine if they catch you over here (but I'm in europe) ... so I wouln't recommend it to someone to someone where I live ... unless they're not like me ... I'm skipping songs and/or albums all the time .

Edited by BASSmaster