pimpedout97x

REALLY loud daily?

u do realize in an explorer you really don't need 15's to get to 150 right? explorers have the gift of loud.

i was talking to denim last night, and he was like, do u wanna be loud to the ear, or loud on the mic? i really only wanna be loud to the ear, i dont care what i hit, becuase im not gonna compete...he was like some systems are loud on the mic and not to the ear, and vise versa...

teh L7's will indeed get very loud, but unless kicker has upped the power handling, i dunno how long they'll last with 1250wrms each.

reading polecat's posts on caraudio.com, and everyone elses, they supposedly can...theres already a bunch of people with like 2 06 L7's and a 2500d and they can handle it nicely...

personally, i'd grab a 18" kicker solo x from casey (if he still has them), throw it in about 10ft^3, tuned to about 34hz (yeah, it'll still get WAYYY low) and throw ur 2500wrms on it...

hmm casey talk to me...

casey, how'd u do at SBN?

who cares? lol jk man :finger:

Edited by pimpedout97x

Im fairly loud to the ear. (142 daily TL)

One RE XXX 15 with 2k on her, in a snailshell, and will pound out every note i care to give with authority.

If i care to get attention, i can do so with a twist of the knob.

u do realize in an explorer you really don't need 15's to get to 150 right? explorers have the gift of loud.

i was talking to denim last night, and he was like, do u wanna be loud to the ear, or loud on the mic? i really only wanna be loud to the ear, i dont care what i hit, becuase im not gonna compete...he was like some systems are loud on the mic and not to the ear, and vise versa...

usually that means a street system that hits way low (which sounds way loud) compared to a comp system which sounds loud, but doesn't get quite a slow.

teh L7's will indeed get very loud, but unless kicker has upped the power handling, i dunno how long they'll last with 1250wrms each.

reading polecat's posts on caraudio.com, and everyone elses, they supposedly can...theres already a bunch of people with like 2 06 L7's and a 2500d and they can handle it nicely...

maybe we just have a bunch of idiots running around here..lol. but usually we don't recommend throwing 1200kwrms daily at a single L7. and we usually build to kicker specs.

personally, i'd grab a 18" kicker solo x from casey (if he still has them), throw it in about 10ft^3, tuned to about 34hz (yeah, it'll still get WAYYY low) and throw ur 2500wrms on it...

hmm casey talk to me...

and me too...lol.....i need another 18"

casey, how'd u do at SBN?

who cares? lol jk man :finger:

i need to look it up and see how james, kevin and greg did...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

is your 18 daily?

yep...was in my truck getting 3600wrms from an ma audio hk4000d..now it's in a escalade getting roughly 4500wrms from a memphis mc4000d @ .5ohm....daily.

i did a 144.4 with it and an orion 2500d in my siverado. u'll be quite a bit louder in ur explorer....

i ran mine in (still in same box) 5.7ft^3 tuned to 36hz...go about 8ft^3 tuned to 36hz and u'll be nutz!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

with one 2500d?

yep...with one...

nice casey...nice!!!

btw, i hate aim..lol..but my msn is the same as my s/n here @hotmail.com

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

What do you drive and what kind of a budget do you have. I have a solution if you can answer a few questions.

1997 ford explorer 4 door.

budget- no more than like 500-700 on subs, and the amps im gnona use are orion 2500d's, either 1 or 2, not sure yet, but i can get em for 500 each so...