Sign in to follow this  
Adrian_D

technical stuff

i have one question : how long is the voice coil on the rl-i 10 ? i managed to find on the internet a scaled 'technical' drawing and by my measurements, it's 45mm long.

someone on a diffrent forum asked about the coil length and i want to give him a right answer

Edited by Adrian_D

Just curious as to why it matters?

just arguing with someone on a diffrent forum...he said that the coil should be atleast 50mm long with 20mm linear xmax.

honestly, i don't give a dang

Edited by Adrian_D

That 's a very debatable matter, sounds like the other guy's definition of xmax is , coil length minus gap height divided by two equals xmax. Well that only works for one motor topology, long coil with short gap height. I believe the rl-i10 uses TC Sounds TC2+ motor, which is of the long coil / short gap height design. However TC does not measure xmax by that formula, their definition is 70% of BL (which in my mind is the only reasonable way to measure xmax). It would seem to me that using that method of xmax measurement could require a coil quite a bit longer than 50mm

just my $.02

Edited by neal00

i said that coil length is affected by design, but he said that it's not. that guy is really ignorant.

he went to the tricky part : Bl varies across the stroke. sorry dude, LMT fixed that :bigok:

i never thought about that measuring method. thanks neal