stevemead08

new project.... looking for suggestions

An old dodge or ford panel van...they look sweet customized

69_A100_LH.jpg

scooby dooby doo where are you?

Ruh roh raggy

There's not a whole lot out there that is different and I do like the idea of a hearse or old panel truck. When I think different, I'm seeing AMC Pacer, Chevy Chevette, Geo Metro, an Ambulance, Pontiac Fiero (good luck getting anything in there). I'm more traditional and would really love to tell you Suburban and take the 2nd, 3rd and, 4th rows out and go 8 x 18"s.

There's not a whole lot out there that is different and I do like the idea of a hearse or old panel truck. When I think different, I'm seeing AMC Pacer, Chevy Chevette, Geo Metro, an Ambulance, Pontiac Fiero (good luck getting anything in there). I'm more traditional and would really love to tell you Suburban and take the 2nd, 3rd and, 4th rows out and go 8 x 18"s.

a suburban? With 8 18s? Been done a lot. Even with the other guy with the same name. That's exactly the build I don't want. And a geo.... With punisher subs? Think I've seen that too. Lol. Cool builds but already done.

lol i laughed out loud ...

I think an old rusty '57-or-another Chevy would be very cool. Maybe even throw a chrome grill on it a some moon wheels for shits and giggles. Those cars had huge trunks and big cabins. Would be a sweet setup to hold lots of batteries and a big wall. You can get parts for it anywhere too.

Like this

rusty-210.jpg

I don't agree with most of your spouting off. But I do like the idea. Thanks. That's the kind of odd I'm looking for.

I had been toying with the idea of a "rat rod" SPL build for a long time. Would be bad ass, everybody would be talking about it. It has to be trick inside though.... like single subwoofer +160db.

I had been toying with the idea of a "rat rod" SPL build for a long time. Would be bad ass, everybody would be talking about it. It has to be trick inside though.... like single subwoofer +160db.

the only real way to a 60+ out of a single woofer in a car that size is to go concrete and burp super high. Neither do I want. Bad ass solid build will yield 60s all day long. Imagine if my camaro had window frames and a hard top. I easily lose 1 or 2 dbs out of the pressure side window flapping.

Y'all talking about me? Well I'm going to spout out some more ideas. Since you like the idea of a rat rod, how about an ice cream truck? Could do a RV. Ooh ooh, I got it, a Model T.

Y'all talking about me? Well I'm going to spout out some more ideas. Since you like the idea of a rat rod, how about an ice cream truck? Could do a RV. Ooh ooh, I got it, a Model T.

no. The spouting off comment was to edouble. He tends to poopoo out of his mouth often. I did like the old rusty Chevy though

The suburban and geo comment was to you.

You do not need concrete to do a 160+ off 1 woofer, lol.

All you need is very rigid bracing.

Us competitors here did a 156.x few yrs ago at the headrest, MECA Street Legal with a single 15" sub on 5,000w.

Everything in the SUV was stock install, 1 rear batt, 180A alt. Nothing modded to vehicle at all.

Enclosure was braced with Marble from Finland.

That's just the enclosure. If we were in a wall class, we would of had fun.

Concrete is just too messy and too permanent. Research the specs of concrete and compare it to other alternatives that can be used and yes, you will spend a lot more money vs concrete but the material will be adjustable, unlike concrete.

In the distant future, i've been toying with a near 170 daily driver idea i've had for a while but would take a LOT of money to pull off. This may help your 165 idea.

I have an equipment and mod list i keep here for future projects.

It would have to be a truck, welded topper, Under-carriage plated steel for weight reinforcement. Upgrade suspension as best as possible. Install 14.4K Slam Bags on the truck.

Install approx 85-125Kw of power for daily and flood the cargo with cone area. About 16-24 18s.

Estimate added weight- 7,000lbs.

Roll cage windshield bracing with triple vertical anchors.

I've researched going Poly-C Windshields but have not been able to figure out a sneaky way to prevent from being ticketed for it.

Shit Steve mick does 65s+ on music at medium freq with small power and a crappy astro.

Resin + play sand are better than concrete by far. I just used that as an example.

All this would need to be Usaci legal too.

Ah, now there you go... narrowin it down to USACi legal, lol..

I do not know their rules but you would of course.

Sounds like you already know about alot of this which is good.

The key thing to remember in the vehicle is to reinforce everything that you normally never see reinforced. Or, reinforce everything that has resonance or vibration... everything.

Some things are impractical though per rules.

SCHOOL BUS!! 4th order with a bunch of subs!!! wink.png

Stop reading on other forums, it's making you stupid. The bus is bad enough, the rest boo.

I had two ideas from reading this, the Mystery Machine was already shared so here's the other:

VwnwSamba40k6813.jpg

Biggest pain in Usaci rules is no mods forward of b pillar. I mean nothing. Next biggest is no exterior mods. I'm definitely all ears for gettingloud. I don't mean to sound like a know it all. Im not.

M5 what the heck is that?

Steve, hehe, that is tricky.

Not being able to brace the windshield and able to do a mid 160....That's a tough one.

I know you're a music guy so i can't tell you to tune way high.. The lower the frequency, the more likely the windshield will crack from pressure.

Only immediate thing i can think of is if it does, let the windshield break, then replace with Poly and an excessive amount of resin or CA glue as well.

That should prevent releasing the windshield and cracking under pressure. At that point, just find out how to make it appear street legal and it should be good.

Unless the rules specifically say no Poly windshields, i'd do it if it can be looked at as an original.

Push the rules to their limits.

Again, i haven't found a way to have them look street legal so this limitation is a tough one.

I'm hoping that buying an older rig will help since the metal is thicker.

no windshild mods

Stop reading on other forums, it's making you stupid. The bus is bad enough, the rest boo.

I had two ideas from reading this, the Mystery Machine was already shared so here's the other:

VwnwSamba40k6813.jpg

VW Samba.

VwnwSamba40k6813.jpg

VW Samba.

Indeed. Stupid fucking google images link.