FlySocietyJones

Newbie Needs Help With Sun Choice In XB

Hi I'm relatively new too the car audio world and I have been patrolling this forum for some time now trying too gain more knowledge. Basically I'm stuck trying too decide on what subwoofer I'm going too choose based off space in my car.

It's A 2008 Scion Xb I Wanna Keep The Rear Seats Dimensions Are 38x38x16 Im Not Bias On Any Brands And Open Too Any Sizes Just Wanna Get As Loud As Possible And As Low As Possible. I Already Have Mechman Alt Installed 0 Gauge Ran Big 3 Done And Yellow Top Under The Hood And A Hifonics BRZ2400. Budget Is About $1,000 For Subs. Thanks For The Help

I'd suggest 2 15" SSA Icons with that amp and space. Then, use the money left over from your budget too buy a nice second battery for the trunk as you will need one for that amp.

I'll Take Note Too That One. You Know Anybody Who Could Design And Build A Box On Here. I Don't Have The Space Too Do So :(

Pro-Rabbit on here designs and builds boxes. Great prices too. He's the owner of DC Creations. I'm going to have him design me a box for my subs.

For Sure Have A Box Designer Take A Look At All Your Space Available,Please Do Keep In Mind The Space Needed For Other Things Besides The Enclosure.

For Sure Have A Box Designer Take A Look At All Your Space Available,Please Do Keep In Mind The Space Needed For Other Things Besides The Enclosure.

I Already Got That Planned Out. My Amp Is Mounted Under The Rearseat (Hopefully I Have No Venting Issues) And I Took An Idea From A Build On Here Where They Placed The Extra Battery Under The Floormats And Cut A Whole Into The Foam Spare Tire Cover Too Secure It

So basically you want to wall it? Otherwise your dimensions are closer to 38x25x16. Which is roughly what I had 2 15 xcons sealed and it was around 6cf. I had a buddy make a custom fit box taking up all the cargo area and it was 8cf@34hz.

Imho I would prolly do 2 12's ported that way you get something in an optimal box instead if just trying to get something to fit.

So basically you want to wall it? Otherwise your dimensions are closer to 38x25x16. Which is roughly what I had 2 15 xcons sealed and it was around 6cf. I had a buddy make a custom fit box taking up all the cargo area and it was 8cf@34hz.

Imho I would probably do 2 12's ported that way you get something in an optimal box instead if just trying to get something to fit.

Yeaa I Was Thinking About Walling It Though. I'm Wanting Too Be Just A LOUD Daily Driver. I'm Not Worried Bout Cargo Space At All This Is Strictly For My Satisfaction. Maybe Two High Powered 12's I Have No Issue Changing Amp The Hifonics Is What I Already Had. Lol Not Trying Lose Backseats Just Yet

The problem with walling the cargo area is the weird angle the seat has. Dances are you'll always have the seats down. Plus you would have to put everything under the wall and it would be hard to get to.

The problem with walling the cargo area is the weird angle the seat has. Dances are you'll always have the seats down. Plus you would have to put everything under the wall and it would be hard to get to.

Yeaa That's True. Them Seats Came From Satan Himself That Angle Is Crazy. I Can Look Into Two High Power 12's Then. You Have Any Suggestions??? My Budget Is $1000 For Both Subs. I Never Really Had A Well Made Ported Enclosure So Im Skeptical But I Hear Many Great Things So Im With It

What is your budget for everything? Subs, amps, wiring, electrical etc......

What do you consider loud? If you aren't competing adding a ton of power probably won't be worth it.

Id look into xcons. You will be underpowering which is perfectly fine but will give you a chance if you upgrade amps later on. And they sound great.

What is your budget for everything? Subs, amps, wiring, electrical etc......

What do you consider loud? If you aren't competing adding a ton of power probably won't be worth it.

I Have Most Of My Electrical Except A Second Battery. I Do Plan On Competing When Possible But It's Mostly For My Pleasure. Budget For Subs And Amp Is About $1700

Id look into xcons. You will be underpowering which is perfectly fine but will give you a chance if you upgrade amps later on. And they sound great.

K Thanks For The Suggestion. I'm Pretty Sure Their Is A Build Time How Long Does It Usually Take???

K Thanks For The Suggestion. I'm Pretty Sure Their Is A Build Time How Long Does It Usually Take???

About a month. They are great subs though.

About a month. They are great subs though.

Ok That's Cool. Thanks Alot Guys For The Help.

Can also look at b2 hn's or b2 as. Could do sundown sa-12s and run at higher imp for daily and burp at lower imp. There are many options out there

Can also look at b2 hn's or b2 as. Could do sundown sa-12s and run at higher imp for daily and burp at lower imp. There are many options out there

Yeaa I Did Look At The Sa12's But They Are On Preorder Right Now I Think. I Never Heard B2's Personally