sundownz

Sundown X-10 / X-15 / X-18 Prototypes Here

how long after the subs come back from magnetizing do you think you'll have the T/S?

I have a revised stiffer surround for the 10" frame in stock to test -- working on re-building an X-10 motor. As I don't have all of the new parts available in bulk yet this X-10 will get a Z v.4 coil and spider -- and I'll compare CMS to the Z v.4 10" I made. As CMS is the only figure I really need to know to figure out if the surround is stiff enough.

Here are a few pics of the X-10 soft parts and motor that haven't been show yet :

Coil_and_Cone.jpg

* Original parts; 60mm long 3" D4 coil

Soft_Parts_on_Driver.jpg

* Fun pic with parts upside-down on the motor and frame

Pole_Extension.jpg

* Very tall pole extension to keep the coil from smacking into the top plate when it leaves the gap (as the suspension allows that much throw) + the top plate has a small bevel on it as well as another safety measure. The tall pole extension also gives us more linear x-max.

Frame_on_Motor.jpg

* Frame on the motor. One thing about the new motors with the tall extensions is that they won't work on "standard" frames as the pole extension would be too tall -- unless, of course, one machined customer spacers to get the basket higher. Other coils will work on the gap but other frames aren't practical to use (except other tall frames like the Ti style).

Beefy, I'd like to try one of those coils in a TC4000

Good stuff Jacob.

FS is up around 5 Hz or so with the Z style spider and stiffer surround ; so I think that will get us where we need to be with these. I was happier with how it acted free air and on the specs.

So that means the X series will have a 4-layer spider and the Z series will have a 5-layer spider (previously NS stiffness) -- then the NS will have a 6-layer spider.

i might have missed it, but were the T/S posted?