Sign in to follow this  
FN Basshead

sundown audio sa 8

Has any body owened or heard the sa 8'' subs if so what are they comparable to? By this i mean can they get as loud as a 12? I know they will be mutch more punchy but i was just wondering how well they preform. Thanks

might wanna move a topic about a sundown product out of the fi section . . . . .

Edited by cmw5e

They won't be more punchy. And no they will never be as loud as a comparable and properly setup 12.

And yeah make sure you pay attention to the section that you start a topic in.

lol it can be louder then a poorly used 12 no doubt.

Generally 8"s are used when space prohibits the use of a larger driver, but a ported 8" box isn't going to be significantly smaller than a 10" ported box, which leads to very few practical uses of an 8" subwoofer. If you can work the search function on this site you can probably find several topics posted about Sundown's SA 8"s.

This forum is very easy to navigate. Not sure how you screwed that up.

An 8" can be louder than a 12". Depends on install.

Has any body owened or heard the sa 8'' subs if so what are they comparable to? By this i mean can they get as loud as a 12? I know they will be mutch more punchy but i was just wondering how well they preform. Thanks

There is absolutely zero reason to expect the SA8 to be more punchy than a 12" driver. It could very well end up being less "punchy" than a 12' driver.

And generally speaking a properly utilized and well designed 12" driver is going to be significantly louder than an SA8 or any other 8" driver.

sorry about the location of the post i was a pretty......lets just say i dont remember even posting it.

At 11:48 AM on a Wednesday :peepwall:

it was a long tuesday stfu.gif

Sign in to follow this