gibsonm21

Sa 8v2 break in difference?

I'm running 6 Sa 8 v2s on 2 1500s in a 6th order in my Tahoe. They sound ok on the low end(28-38hz), but they sound like they have so much more to give. I'm debating switching up enclosures, but I wanted to get the opinions of people who have run them. Is it worth it to give the subs more time to break in before I switch boxes? I'm also considering adding another 1500.

I've only had the subs for a couple of weeks. I only have a chance to get on them driving to work and around town.

They are broken in. If the 6th order isn't designed extremely well it'll give you no gain. I'd also say 8's are really an odd choice when you have that much space...

Well I wanted to get back some of my cargo space from my 21" warden that was back there.

Well I wanted to get back some of my cargo space from my 21" warden that was back there.

So you chose six 8's lol...

Either way I would suggest a new enclosure. A standard ported enclosure.

What are the specs of the 6th order ?

We have a trio of the SA-8 v.2s in one of my vehicles tuned to ~29 Hz -- peaks at 29 Hz and does about 145 dB there :)

So you chose six 8's lol...

I would've done less, but I wanted to over-compensate. The box also allows for me to throw stuff on top and in front of it, which is something I absolutely could not do with the Warden.

What are the specs of the 6th order ?

We have a trio of the SA-8 v.2s in one of my vehicles tuned to ~29 Hz -- peaks at 29 Hz and does about 145 dB there smile.png

I don't remember exactly the tuning, I'll have to look at my design notes again. It is essentially a 1:1 ratio 6th order, with each inner chamber 2.25 cubes and the outer chamber 4.5 cubes.

Panel_infoyellow.png

photobucket-52233-1354249231537.jpg

Since you used a ratio and didn't design its time for a new enclosure

I didn't do the design, surreal from **** did it. I just didn't remember the tuning. I'm waiting for my ported design now.

I would agree with the previous posters.....try a standard ported enclosure.

See how it performs with an standard enclosure.

See how it performs with an standard enclosure.

Yea, thats what I plan on doing.