Uhhh no they're not. They're both 4 channel amps.

My personal experience and advice leans to Focal. It's a company I trust far more to put the R&D into quality builds with quality parts that will yield better longevity and an over all cleaner, clearer, more reliable signal. Also, as mentioned before, resale value down the road will be better.

If numbers on paper are your concern(eh...), neither will yield an audible different in loudness with the power numbers their little pieces of paper say they can produce.

I don't know what I was looking at, I think I'm mixing together two different threads. Disregard my stupidity.

If they are the same price I would go with the Focal. I don't believe it would sound any "better" or necessarily perform any "better" than the Alpine, but given their relative MSRP price point differences I would suspect the Focal might use better quality parts and/or design so it *could* possibly last a little longer. As M5 pointed out will hold better resale value and the top mounted controls as Aaron pointed out are also a possible plus for the Focal.