Sign in to follow this  
gump2773

Design Questions for 2 12" SA's - 4 Cubic Ft @ 34 Hz Enclosure

Hello all .

Im in beginning stages of design for my 2002 PT Cruiser Enclosure. This will be my first year competing in the lanes for SPL. I know its correct to have a daily box and a burp box, but I would like to get as close of a mix in one box as possible. My initial thoughts would be to have subs facing up and slot port facing up as well because of the lack of room. So far I am just looking for any advice I can get.

Max Dimensions: 39w x 20h x 14d. Would prefer port in between subs but If it doesnt make a difference, im flexible.

Am I on the right track? Any help would be appreciated.

Make the box on the smaller side since you are running way more than rated. Try to make it subs up and port back as most of the time it's louder that way. Not all the time but typically. Maybe you might be able to do subs up port back since your box should be on the smaller side.

how much room do i need outside the port so its not resting up againstthe hatch? 4 " or so?

Ehh I'm not sure. I think I've been told the width of the port is at least how far away it should be. I'd go as far as you could though anyways. Also whats your electrical like?

120 amp alt. big 3. yellowtop up front. looking for batt for rear ( undecided still ) And how much on the small side? 3.7 3.8 cubes? LOL im so confused

I think like 3 cubes or something around that size. I was recommend the die hard platinum g31m by a lot of respectable people. I bought one for my build. It's suppose to be an amazing batt. You can get it at Sears.

Your going to need a lot more electrical upgrades than that if your competing though.

With the box dimensions of 38w x 20h x 14D, sub up port up, I got port inner dimensions of 4.25"W x 12.5"H x 28"D which will give you:

3.61ft3 net volume, port tune of 34.13hz, 53in2 of port area with 14.72in2 port are per foot. Vent mach is 22.647 m/s based on 2800watts.