Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Or you could do like the other side of my family and cash crop. Average acreage they farm is around 8,000. That land is cheaper, something like $2k/acre but the investment in tractors is much larger.

All that investment to make less than $100k/yr makes it tough to hire a hand. They all also had the advantage of starting out with nothing when nothing was okay so the investments happen a little bit at a time.

Cash crop land rents here for $100/acre for grain, $400/acre for corn/beets/etc. Getting a return on that is TOUGH.

And we don't think you are joking, just idiotic.

A deccent size farm that still turns profit after you pay your help and ect.ect.. How does that not make sense..Just like any other business if you profit and you still carry on your normal life you have been doing makes sense to me..

ROFL. "Decent size farm" = HUGE investment.If you are raising animals and need to feed them:300 acres * $5k/acre = $1.5M3 tractors = $1MYearly fertilizer/seed/etc = $300kThat is minimizing expenses like hell and means you pay around $15k/mo for 30 years IF you can get a loan. $180k/yr in minimized expenses + hired hands means you will need to net $300k. Perhaps you should do the math on what local crops/animals can net that.
I know what the expense would be I have no Idea why you feel you need to explain this to me..lol

OK..LOL we will see.

OK..LOL we will see.

You don't have the willpower to refrain from drinking for several days. Your thinking you can run a "farm" is delusional. Let's add in your hard-headed nature, and it's a recipe for disaster.

Your dream is not a part-time gig or behind the scenes thing. If you truly realized the needed effort, on all fronts as Sean is attempting to explain, then you would not speak of it so casually.

I have been doing some serious thinking,and in the soon future I am thinking of purchasing a farm..Maybe nothing real huge for starters but something pretty deccent that will not affect my normal day to day life and something that will still turn a little profit. And see how that goes for a couple of years.Then maybe step into it a bit more if all goes well IDK..

I'd say these are mutually exclusive in the farming biz

I said a little dream..If you wan't to call ot that I guess..And as far as running a buisness I might just suprise you one day..You never know.

You surprise us every day.

I said a little dream..If you wan't to call ot that I guess..And as far as running a buisness I might just suprise you one day..You never know.

You do everyday, just not usually the way you'd want to.

A deccent size farm that still turns profit after you pay your help and ect.ect.. How does that not make sense..Just like any other business if you profit and you still carry on your normal life you have been doing makes sense to me..

ROFL. "Decent size farm" = HUGE investment.If you are raising animals and need to feed them:300 acres * $5k/acre = $1.5M3 tractors = $1MYearly fertilizer/seed/etc = $300kThat is minimizing expenses like hell and means you pay around $15k/mo for 30 years IF you can get a loan. $180k/yr in minimized expenses + hired hands means you will need to net $300k. Perhaps you should do the math on what local crops/animals can net that.
I know what the expense would be I have no Idea why you feel you need to explain this to me..lol

Math >> you

You surprise us every day.

Well something my father wanted to do,but he was killed not long after my 5th birthday.

So if it works it works,if it don't it don't..I really don't care if others think it's idiotic,something I wanted to do.

You do everyday, just not usually the way you'd want to.
You think?

You can do whatever you want, but perhaps for once think it through.

Math >> you

Well I didn't realize I was asking for financial advice here anyway? But thanks for the advice dave ramsey.

You posted on the forum wanting a reaction, don't cry when you don't get the one you wanted.

It is akin to me saying I am going to buy a $2M welding shop and do it a little part time on the side to make some money. If I get aggressive I'd maybe hire a guy to help with the work overload.

You posted on the forum wanting a reaction, don't cry when you don't get the one you wanted.

Not crying..explain how you think that?

It is akin to me saying I am going to buy a $2M welding shop and do it a little part time on the side to make some money. If I get aggressive I'd maybe hire a guy to help with the work overload.

Lol ..No no not even close your assumption's sometimes makes no sense period..So I am not the only one idiotic I guess huh?

Not crying..explain how you think that?
Perhaps you should take tense into account.

Lol ..No no not even close your assumption's sometimes makes no sense period..So I am not the only one idiotic I guess huh?
Does the assumption own something?

Either way, feel free to clarify.

This will forever be futile.

On to other news: I JUST WANT TO GET BIG.

Does the assumption own something?Either way, feel free to clarify.

What is that suppose to mean? Please clarify..

On to other news: I JUST WANT TO GET BIG.

seen something the other day called FAT water or sumthin..