Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Budget is under $200...

Get a reliable revolver. Maybe if I was in the situation of needing a gun and it was $200 or no gun I might try one, but truthfully..... I think I might jusy rather not have one.

Steer me in the correct direction as far as revolvers go for around budget

Sub 200$ pistola?  

Surplus CZ-82 in 9x18 Makarov

No point in buying a Hi-Point that is sub 200$ to go spend 25$ a box on .45 ammo.  

Find a used S&W K-Frame or similar revolver in a pawn/gun shop, shoot .38's and be happy.  

But for a quality gun, 400$ is about where you want to start at.  

Older S&W autos, Fire-Star autos, used revolvers.  You are buying at the WRONG time of the decade for cheap guns, absolutely worst.  

Sub 200$ pistola?  

Surplus CZ-82 in 9x18 Makarov

I'm looking into it now, could you tell my why you suggested it?

Not to say that you can't get a sub $200 gun, its just not the best idea. Sort of like putting 24's on a Z71 Tahoe.

Its cheap, its pretty reliable, it works, and they use to be for sale lots of places online, ammo is still available.  Europe used them for Decades, they are ugly, but still work.  Don't expect to do squat with it cosmetics or parts upgrades wise, feed it ammo, make it go bang.  

Older S&W autos, Fire-Star autos, used revolvers.  You are buying at the WRONG time of the decade for cheap guns, absolutely worst.  

I've been "shopping" for a while now, I just have some extra money lying around and wanted to spend it.

I can't find many 82's.

82's have only been on the US market since...'06? '07?

I might be thinking of some other eastern bloc gun

I've been "shopping" for a while now, I just have some extra money lying around and wanted to spend it.

Hide your money, take it out of your pocket and forget about it.  Buying a cheap one now will only cause you to sell it for a loss and buy something better later on down the road and spending more money and aggravation while at it.  

Used Glock 17's use to be ~380$ on gunbroker.com and they are about as bulletproof as one could ever ask for.  Buy one, buy a couple of boxes of 9mm and be done with it.  You can even sell it later on down the road for the same money.  

The primary use will be to teach my wife about guns, she's never shot before and we'd like at least one for protection.

I know shotguns well, that I can find by myself, I don't know pistols quite as well. A shotgun is in the works. :)

Depth would likely be 1". I'm trying to make some stall bars: http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1190/stallbarsdbarclay12.jpg

Hopefully glue and screws will make up for any small differences between the indentations.

Get a set of forstener bits. You should be able to find a cheap set st the home store for about $20. They will drill flat and work faster than a wood bore.

Perfect, ordered off amazon.

Depth would likely be 1". I'm trying to make some stall bars: http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1190/stallbarsdbarclay12.jpg

Hopefully glue and screws will make up for any small differences between the indentations.

I'd make a jig/guide.  If you can clamp your drill in a vice and slide the board up to it or the like.  Goal is to keep it perpendicular and centered.  Any drift and things won't mate and will look like crap.

Hmmm. I can definitely clamp the drill in a vice, but can't imagine keeping the board perpendicular (8' long).

Too big of a hole to plunge route?

The router I have is fixed. Guess this gives me a reason to buy a plunge router. Hole is 1-1/4"

The primary use will be to teach my wife about guns, she's never shot before and we'd like at least one for protection.

A .22 pistol.  

Ruger Mk III or Browning Buckmark.  

Yea, a .22 isn't ideal but I don't care who you shoot with .22, it does the same psychological stop as a .38.  

A .22 pistol.  

Ruger Mk III or Browning Buckmark.  

Yea, a .22 isn't ideal but I don't care who you shoot with .22, it does the same psychological stop as a .38.  

I use to have a buckmark--it was great. Can't beat the price of .22 ammo either.