z400rdr

Discolored cone on Rl-p

Yesterday I drove my car through one of those touch free car washes cuz I was lazy. Well today I opened up my trunk and saw grey spots splattered all over my box. Somehow the water from the car wash got in my trunk. :wtf: I look at my sub and the cone is discolored from whatever was used to wash my car. The middle of the cone where the water was sitting is very faded and when the sub hit, the water splattered all over the cone. :angry2:

Does anyone know a way that I could take all the color out of the cone so the whole cone will be the same color? The cone looks horrible right now. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks,

Matt

its aluminum, i'd assume you could just take the paint off and polish it like any other metal. only problem will be the edges, where the surround attaches to it. you're stuck either leaving some black paint at the edges, or tearing your surround all up, probably screwing the woofer up trying to polish it up the edge.

Yesterday I drove my car through one of those touch free car washes cuz I was lazy.  Well today I opened up my trunk and saw grey spots splattered all over my box. Somehow the water from the car wash got in my trunk.  :wtf:   I look at my sub and the cone is discolored from whatever was used to wash my car.  The middle of the cone where the water was sitting is very faded and when the sub hit, the water splattered all over the cone. :angry2:

Does anyone know a way that I could take all the color out of the cone so the whole cone will be the same color?  The cone looks horrible right now.  Any ideas would be great.

Thanks,

Matt

Just paint it. I'm relly not sure which paint to use to be honest, but that's what I would try. Look for some metal spray paints.

Or just put it in a bandpass.

Well, I guess I'm going to try to polish the cone and see how it looks. I've polished a lot of aluminum before so it won't be a problem for me. If that doesn't come out how I want it to I guess I'll paint it with some black metal paint.

Ooo.. bummer! If the staining is too terrible to polish out, you can definitely spray paint the cone - as my first customers who have the painted matte black drivers can attest to. Just make sure you cover up them surrounds nicely before you start sprayin'. yesnod.gif

invert it.... if that is possible.

Hey Matt....

I'd tell the car wash folks they messed up your driver and ask them to give the whole speaker cabinet a free car wash. That way the cone would look uniform!

:lol2: