Sign in to follow this  
frogcase2002

help me decide

Well I need to know what size recones to order and box to start building.... will either be doing 2 12" zcons in a 6th order ported through rear deck or 2 15" zcons in ported firing into car with trunk sealed off. . Really wanting to be over 150 db's but not just wanting numbers. Wanting crazy daily driver. Did a 145.6 with one zcon 15 on 3000 watts so hoping I can brake 150 .......either 12s or 15s will have same amp. Thinking bc5500 or somewhere in the 5-6k range.

Just wanting peoples opinion on which I should go with. Cause wanting to order asap so I can have them before summer

Are you saying the 15s would be in sealed boxes compred to ported thru the deck 12s?

no.. 12s in a 6th order thrue the rear deck .. or 15s sub forwerd port forwerd into cabin

Yes... None sealed..Cant decide which to go with

For me I'd do the 2 15s. A lot more cone area to start with. Then on top of that much easier to have good results vs a 6th order bandpass. A lot of trial and error and tons of tuning time. And you still may end up with less output and a more narrow playband.

JMO

Only problem I'm thinking with the 15 is where my seats fold down its only about 12" tall then about 6 inches or so back it goes up to 19 inches. so some of the top of the 15s would be blocked by part of the opening in between the trunk and the cabin. .and will be back a little from the opening. Would that effect the sound? I could have the 15s facing into the car and ported through the rear deck. Not sure what would sound best....could have 12s right up to where the opening is ported sealed off....i will have a little bit of time to come up with the disign and everything I mostly just need to know which size recones to order. Ill have about 10 cubes to use.

Edited by frogcase2002