Sign in to follow this  
muddybass

275amp singer alternator install

Hey guys just recieved my Alternator today from Singer Should hope to install it over the weekend let me know what you think? Its going in a

2004 f250

post-3638-0-77599100-1361580409_thumb.jp

post-3638-0-75519000-1361580422_thumb.jp

post-3638-0-44615400-1361580442_thumb.jp

Hey guys just recieved my Alternator today from Singer Should hope to install it over the weekend let me know what you think? Its going in a

2004 f250

Beautiful. Don't forget to get between half inch to full inch smaller belt in length

yea i already have that taken care of but thanks for the reminder, i do have one question though it looks as though on my alternator there is a plug of some sort and the post for the charge on the back of this one there is a post but no plug. But i am guessing there is no need for the plug because this alternator has a external regulator on it....

I know what piece you are talking about but there is nothing where a plug can fit into its just a metal housing

I know what piece you are talking about but there is nothing where a plug can fit into its just a metal housing

On the 3rd pic on the bottom right isn't a plug?

nope like i said before its a metal housing where some wires are in. no place to plug a plug in but thats why im thinking that is the external regulator that is where i can adjust my voltage...

nope like i said before its a metal housing where some wires are in. no place to plug a plug in but thats why im thinking that is the external regulator that is where i can adjust my voltage...

Regardless if there is an external regulator or not there needs be a place to plug in the alternator. Did you get the $49 option or $149 option mike gives on external regulators?

i got the $49 dollar option which was the only one he offered, here is a better picture

post-3638-0-45255400-1361583714_thumb.jp

Edited by muddybass

i got the $49 dollar option which was the only one he offered, here is a better picture

Where is the picture?

its some kind of dial is what it looks like the wires run into it but mike said all i have to do is hook it up and it will work he already dialed the voltage in at 14.8 after heat displacement he said i would get a 14.4 charge

its some kind of dial is what it looks like the wires run into it but mike said all i have to do is hook it up and it will work he already dialed the voltage in at 14.8 after heat displacement he said i would get a 14.4 charge

I have no clue what is going on here. I just plug and played mine. I would email mike. He will respond around 12:30 tonight

Sounds like a dial for external regulation of some sort. Voltage can be dialed in by the end user. Just taking a guess.