Sign in to follow this  
Canucknoob

Focal amp. Good deal ??

So Found this on WoofersETC today and was wondering on opinions. I am going to get the Soundqubed Q4-120 but from what I've read in the last few months Focal is VERY VERY good but expensive. 

After seeing this Focal amp for 200bucks i'm thinking did I find a sweet deal or is it a bottom line amp from focal that isn't worth it and spend the extra 100bucks on the Soundqubed? Opinions please. thnx.

Focal- http://www.woofersetc.com/p-6762-solid4-focal-4-ch-400-watt-amplifier-black.aspx

Soundqubed- http://www.soundqubed.com/Q4-120_p_150.html

Please let me know of any other 4 channel amp to run 6.5 component Hertz HSK 165  set that you believe is very good. Want quality with good clean power.  under 500 bucks please. 

EDIT: See Rick's post below mine.

Very solid amplifiers

Edited by BrutalBasser

Very solid amplifiers

OP do you have a budget?? trying to stay under $300 maybe??? Let us know cuz that Sundown is $500 lol..... great amp from the reviews and whatnot but expensive 

So Found this on WoofersETC today and was wondering on opinions. I am going to get the Soundqubed Q4-120 but from what I've read in the last few months Focal is VERY VERY good but expensive. 

After seeing this Focal amp for 200bucks i'm thinking did I find a sweet deal or is it a bottom line amp from focal that isn't worth it and spend the extra 100bucks on the Soundqubed? Opinions please. thnx.

Focal- http://www.woofersetc.com/p-6762-solid4-focal-4-ch-400-watt-amplifier-black.aspx

Soundqubed- http://www.soundqubed.com/Q4-120_p_150.html

Please let me know of any other 4 channel amp to run 6.5 component Hertz HSK 165  set that you believe is very good. Want quality with good clean power.  under 500 bucks please. 

Very solid amplifiers

OP do you have a budget?? trying to stay under $300 maybe??? Let us know cuz that Sundown is $500 lol..... great amp from the reviews and whatnot but expensive 

His first post says under $500. But I do agree that he can save a bit without sacrificing too much.

I hate the new quoting format!

I came in a penny under budget. morepower1.gif

I came in a penny under budget. morepower1.gif

A bargain! 

No real set budget just not wanting to waste money. After reading and researching couldn't see a reason not to go with the Soundqubed Q4-120 for 300 bucks. Now I find this Focal for 200.

Am I going to notice a difference if I spend 200 hundred bucks or 500 like the SA amp is ? Is the difference noticeable in performance ? Am I loosing sound/SQ from my speakers ? I am a noob

and looking for advise with explanation. Says retail on the Focal is $550 but is on clearance price. In the end I want quality but I am the type of person that loves a deal and to save money.

Why spend more on one amp if the performance/quality is no different?  

No real set budget just not wanting to waste money. After reading and researching couldn't see a reason not to go with the Soundqubed Q4-120 for 300 bucks. Now I find this Focal for 200.

Am I going to notice a difference if I spend 200 hundred bucks or 500 like the SA amp is ? Is the difference noticeable in performance ? Am I loosing sound/SQ from my speakers ? I am a noob

and looking for advise with explanation. Says retail on the Focal is $550 but is on clearance price. In the end I want quality but I am the type of person that loves a deal and to save money.

With the Sundown amp, it is very efficient and you have more crossover control. I think it's a good investment to get the most from your drivers.

With the Sundown amp, it is very efficient and you have more crossover control. I think it's a good investment to get the most from your drivers.

could be wrong but x-over looks similar on the sq amp..... Focal not so much but they are "solid" amps

Ok so with more crossover control I can tweak with the sound coming from my speakers until I really like it and not so much with the 2 I listed? Would my deck Pioneer DEH-80prs not be able

to or come close in tweaking the sound from my speakers enough ? Bought that deck due to all the eq features. Sorry Im learning if what I say hurts your head lol

SQ amp similar to SA amp in crossover features Shogen ?

Edited by Canucknoob

Ok so with more crossover control I can tweak with the sound coming from my speakers until I really like it and not so much with the 2 I listed? Would my deck Pioneer DEH-80prs not be able

to or come close in tweaking the sound from my speakers enough ? Bought that deck due to all the eq features. Sorry Im learning if what I say hurts your head lol

SQ amp similar to SA amp in crossover features Shogen ?

with that HU don't worry about x-overs on the amp

from the photos on SQ's website the controls looks similar for the x-over but I could be wrong... but like I said your HU will be more than enough to control the sound

***BTW... I'm off to bed ...lol... Need to wake up at 5... I'll re-visit later on... :-)

Edited by Shogen

Out of all the brands i've looked at in the last couple months haven't seen or read anything on NVX or heard of tbh. Just checked out the website and couple videos and noticed they are 

only couple years old. Say's on website the are all about quality. Anyone here try them or know about them ?? Price wise noticed I could do the one you linked Brutal and get the Jad 1200 for 

less then the 2 SoundQubed I was looking at. Are they very high quality ? Have they proven themselves? How are the woofers ? I'm looking mainly SQ then spl secondary. Looking at FIQ12 atm. 

when it comes to amps its pretty easy to find some cheap clean power. i pointed out in your other thread that the nvx is using a very common design so for that particular amp i would assume the nvx is decent. personally i like the ppi or polk model.  

I used an SSA icon in my bro's car, great sounding subwoofer and can get plenty loud. 

Focal Solid is the entry level of Focal's amps. I would search a Focal FP instead (FPS is the high end)