Mr.jaundurfle

Sealed trunk deadener question

If my port and sub are firing foward into the car from the trunk and sealed off, is there any benefit sound-wise to putting sound deadening material in the trunk? I am on a budget and have some second skin, I just want to know if I should deaden the trunk or the inside of my car first. The box I have built has to be put together in the trunk because it is bigger than the trunk opening, so once it is in it is really in. I have a 15" XCON being powered by a DC 5.0K at 2 ohms (2300 watts nominal). Should I deaden the trunk or concentrate on the interior of the car, best bang for my buck? Thank you for your help.

I would focus on the front doors, and interior first. Even after you seal the trunk it will probably still rattle a bit, so I would save some for the trunk.

Thanks Ricksi30. That is what I was thinking...front doors and the roof.

Curious, you ask the same question on es um dee?lol

Shogen I asked the question here because I wasn't getting any thoughtful answers on es em dee. Just a bunch of guys saying "just go ahead and do it". I ask here and I got a response that makes me feel there is some thought and experience behind it.

Imagine that. That site is full of shit. Think its what the s stands for

Welcome OP. Rick is very knowledgable and I believe you can be trusting in the advice given.

Im doing the same. I treated the whole trunk its still a resonance area and decoupling from the trunk floor will help too. I will probably sandwich some CCF when I lag it down.