im kinda interested in the rl-s 15's and wondering what type of tc sounds motor they use . also im debating on going with 3 XXX 15's useing three Soundstream PCA2000D or 2 rl-s 15's useing two Soundstream PCA2000D. what your opinions on either setup . ohh would 220 alt be enough or would i need more power

Edited by manosteel916

wow.... 3x XXX would be madness. bu the throw of the Rl-s would be cool viewd in a duet as well

im kinda interested in the rl-s 15's and wondering what type of tc sounds motor they use . also im debating on going with 3 XXX 15's useing three Soundstream PCA2000D or 2 rl-s 15's useing two Soundstream PCA2000D. what your opinions on either setup . ohh would 220 alt be enough or would i need more power

It is its own custom motor. The RL-s's will sound the cleanest.

Personally, for a vehicle the three XXX's would be the better choice.

depends on how much space you have, the RL-s is a monster and it needs a monster enclosure, plus it needs a ton of power at 4 ohms, a great amp to match it is the US Amps AX2000, heck 3 15" XXX's will need a ton of space too, not sure on the space requirements for the '06 models but I do remeber reading something about they need a larger enclosure than the '05s

need to ask if your trying to compete or just a crazy loud install,

Personally, for a vehicle the three XXX's would be the better choice.

why?

i think the pair of rl-s would be easier on a vehicle. three 15's < 2 15's in weight....

3 15's< 2 15's in enclosure size

3 15's < 2 15's in power needed (at least what he's suggesting)

3 15's < 2 15's in draw on vehicle (see above)

3 15's > 2 15's in overall spl (more cone, more power)

that's just using what the original poster is suggesting. i just can't see how the three XXX would be a better choice unless he's going for all out spl.

and for those who say the rl-s has to have a huge box, i beg to differ. 2.5ft^3 for a 12 isn't huge. it doesn't need a crap ton of power either. 1200wrms isn't alot. and a 136 legal with a deck that attenuates bass as you turn it up (factory gm bose) verifies that.

i say the pair of rl-s's....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i have enough room for both i have already torn out my back seat and have about 16 cubic ft in the back of my extended cab truck . power wise i was going to use the soundstream for the rl-s cause there rated 1100 @ 4ohms but if theres another amp that will do better im up for suggestions . As for competeing im not sure as of yet i want to but not realy sure. i do want to get crazy loud but i do still want a little sq.

i have enough room for both i have already torn out my back seat and have about 16 cubic ft in the back of my extended cab truck . power wise i was going to use the soundstream for the rl-s cause there rated 1100 @ 4ohms but if theres another amp that will do better im up for suggestions . As for competeing im not sure as of yet i want to but not realy sure. i do want to get crazy loud but i do still want a little sq.

You can run the dual RL-s's in parallel and get the DCR below 2 ohms. I don't know anything about the XXX's, but the RL-'s hold the title for king of low distortion, so they can go about 6dB higher than a non linear driver of equal design at the same tolerance of THD. Also because of the high surround, they have a very high xmax and can be overdriven pretty darn far too, almost 4" peak to peak.

Not knowing much about the XXX hurts your judgement lol

the XXX can do 4.5"

I am not saying it is better, but I would not be handing out a title for low distortion to any sub.

16 CuFt sounds like enough for a pair of RL-S's though, I bet they would be low end monsters in the right install.

Buy 3 XXX's and 2 RL-S's

whichever you dislike give to me.

winner!!