Sign in to follow this  
psychomantis

Building my first.

Like It states im building my first system. So along with that comes alot of questions, and alot i have. Through research I have found most of the info I need but I just need other options or maybe Im going in the wrong direction. So with that said lemme explain. I have a 2002 F250 Diesel That I am looking to upgrade my sound. I am not looking for a major system that will make my neighbors go def its really for my enjoyment. So What I have questions about are set ups in general. Ive currently got a head unit already it is http://www.docs.sony.com/release/specs/CDXGT55UIW_mksp.pdf . I Have a amp sitting around but I dont know much about it. it is a pioneer 2 channel rated at like 760 I can find the info if needed, though im not sure if it would be worth using. Currently for the replacement speakers I am looking at infinity 682.9cf for the doors.. Im not dead set on them, so if you think there is a better option lemme know. Also for subs im almost dead set on on the SSA Dcons in a singe 10 or 12.. Im thinking 12. Im building a center console to house the the sub and give it that stock look. but this is where i am wondering.. would it be worth replacing the rear speakers? also 5 channel amps if so or for if not.. I listen to every thing music wise. Im gonna downfire the subs. also component vs coaxle im not sure.. So can ya guys(gals) help me? Oh and for budget Im looking to stay around(under) 1500. If that helps.. Any other questions Ill be glad to answer. 

I would go with a single ssa gcon 12 d2 for a sub if you want better output. We need to know your budget for this build.

I see you want to stay around 1500. I would get rid of the rear speaker and spend the money on some good comps for the front.

Use a good three channel amp.

Edited by pmureika

I see. So what kinda options do i have then? I still want it to look stock. So I looked at polk and infinity cause they are local..

So I started looking at 5 Channel amps for ease of install and space.. Massive audio NX5 what do you guys think? would it be good with the components?

Edited by psychomantis

SSA stuff is built in the USA not china.

SSA stuff is built in the USA not china.

Thats why I was gonna buy SSA over SA.

So I am looking at this massive audio NX5 amp and was curious if I should go look at a new head unit? My deck has two RCA outs Is this gonna be an issue? OR is there a way around it?

I would just leave the back speakers stock off the head unit. Focus more on the front speakers. I would also do components over coaxials. This way you can put your tweeter higher up. Get a 2 channel amp for your speakers and a monoblock for your sub.

So tonight A buddy of mine came over with a box.. well It contained a pair of the infinitys I was looking at.. he said he got them on a deal. So.. Now I am thinking of moving those to the rear.. and still doing the components up front.. so with the components what should I look for? And I have a 2 channel amp now thats collecting dust. And was wondering if it would be usable? it states 125 Watts x 2, at 4 ohms <= 1% THD+N. So now what should I look at?

That amp should be fine for a set of comps. It's really hard to recommend components because everyone has different listening tastes. I know a lot of people are very happy with the alpine type rs and incriminator comps which are in the ssa store.

Cool Ill check them out.. also How hard are they to intall? I saw on crutchfield where they have adaptor plates to fit a 6.5 with tweet is that the best route? I wanna hide the speaker in the normal spot retainint the stock look

That's why I'm doing with my components, putting them in stock speaker locations. is the tweeter up more towards the dash or by the 6.5 down by the feet?

Edited by Bassink

Then i'm sure that would be the best thing to do unless you want to make custom panels to put them up higher. The reason(I think) components are better is because the tweeter is not attached to the 6.5 making better mid bass. Like I said I think. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

So im reviving this thread. So I am gonna do a two channel or four channel for the fronts and im looking at components now and im gonna run a single 12 or 15 now and well it will still be in the center console and im thinking of rear firing it. so the amp im looking at for the sub is cresendo bc2000d and a single sub  the speakers im looking at are the pwx 6.5s by cresendo and the tweeter im sure the same so.. am i looking in the right direction?

speakers would require a 4 channel amp and processing. why are you interested in them in the first place? 

a 15 in a center console build sound like a tight fit, have you calculated your available space? 

Edited by lithium

So here goes. Well I decided one day to tear out the center console in
my truck with the intention of putting a new one in there.. Well 3 years
later.. still no center console. So thats where it brings me up to
pretty much till last weekend. Last week end I got bored and decided to
start putting it together again I dug out the mounting brackets and
started brain storming that it would be better to build one rather than
buy one so i could build it to my specs and add a few things. So to give
you an idea what kinda vehicle its going in is a 2002 F250 with the
diesel engine. So Im sure as long as I dont go crazy my electrical
system will be fine. The only thing I have done to my truck currently is
a Sony Deck. I had a sub and amp that i bought from walmart
years ago but it got moved to my wife's car and now just sits in
storage. so yeah.. moving on I wanna put a sub and maybe two in the
center console. If you've never been in a truck that size I have an
amazing amount of space to build this console. So I was thinking maybe a
single or two 10 in subs. but that's just to say.. I wanna put that
crunch in your lunch kinda bass but don't need it over killed.. I'm not
going to be going to competitions or anything like.. I hope that makes
since. So To give you an Idea of what I have been looking at Ive been
searching and reading About SSAs Gcon.. also I dont know what kinda amp
to push these things.. Also I am working on a budget so
if you guys have any better suggestions I will research and look into
them all. If there are any other questions that you may wanna know
please ask.. Again thanks for all the info that you may be able to
provide.. So I went out and took some measurements it will be 17.5" wide
the front height will be 17.5" and around 48" long and around 24" hight
in the rear..I listen to alot of music I have a very eclectic music
style but mainly stick with metal and electronic..Also my deck only has two pre outs

So to the Top.. I now have the I65c and am currently trying to make some adapters out of some birch plywood u had sitting around.. Also I found some adapter plates at car speaker adapter. c o m my question  is are they good? also what do you guys think i need to get on this build before i deploy haha.. so i am gonna scrap the rear speakers the infinitys i had up front are going in the rear while i wait for the sub and all.. also i still am having issues with the box i dumbed it down but having issues with port and all that haha.. maybe i need some different help haha..