SMpaintball78

whats this gold worth

So iv had this necklace for awhile now and hardly wear it so id like to get some input as to what it might be worth. it says 14k on the end of it so im guessing its real but im not sure. it weighs 49g and is pretty damn big lol. heres a few pics.

IMAG0612_zpsac058dfd.jpg

IMAG0613_zps44cb7aa0.jpg

IMAG0614_zps40a34b9d.jpg

in weight thats about right.. but finding someone to pay you that for it is something else.

yeah i know. if i could get a couple hundered id be happy

Don't sell yourself short.

well i know theres no way in hell im gonna get anywhere around 1400 lol if i could, id be so happy haha.

You can figure no more than a quarter at the most of the going rate of gold. Along with grain I also deal in bulk minerals and bulk metal and rare earth metals. Removing the impurities is and expensive process. Your chain is only about 58.5 percent gold. Then you have to factor in profit. The gold burr will need to make a profit and the refinery will also need to make a profit. Gold may be 1,600 an ounce but the refinery may only pay the gold buyer 800 due to the fact they will have to refine it and then also be able to sell it to make a profit. If they pay market price then they wouldn't be able to make a profit.

yeah thats what iv been reading. how can i tell if my chain is real? it says 14k on the end and i know most fake pieces say like 14kGP for gold plated... what do you think?

I use a meter in the field that basically measures the resistance of the metal. I'm not sure how you would be able to tell without bringing it to a jeweler.

I read it.   i know yhe somewhat real marlet value of it so i wont take a offer too low 

get it looked at locally by a few shops... then see what the avg is and the difference between the "ideal" market value...

My offer would be 1100 if you brought it to me.

I run a gold buying store. best in area for 15 years now

Also it should have stamps on both ends and on the small finger of the lobster claw. a counterfeit would have only one stamp on one end of the necklace