Okay this probably isn't the right place to ask this but please help out. I have a soundstream Rubicon 1600 amplifier. The protection light comes on for like five seconds and then the amp works ccompletely fine. Any suggestions why this is happening? Is this gonna be okay on the amp or will it eeventually die on me?

Make sure all your wires are connected securely. What are you running sub wise and at what ohm? Also what's your electrical like?

I have an audioque hdc3 15 sub running at 1 ohm. Ive double checked every connection i have and it still does it. My electrical is a stock alternator with a stock battery and I just added a small battery for like 600 watt ssystem

Is your big 3 done? Maybe too current is trying to be pulled but you can't back it up and it is causing the amp to go into low voltage which then puts it into protect.

No its not I was waiting to see if I need to have it done or not haha. I'll order some 0 Gauge and see what happens. Thanks for your input.

When does the protection light come on?

Yea big 3 should be done. But yea when does the protection light come on?

I found out its "soft start" and apparently its supposed to do that. It comes on as soon as my head unit comes on and then after like five seconds its fine.

Where did you find that out?

That's what i figured it was..