Lschevy

help me choose a sub

I finally go around to measure under my seat for a custom enclosure, now i just have to decide on a sub. Once again i have now i have no amplifier but i dont want to go to crazy with power i want to keep the price of the subs between $600-$650

here are my dimensions..i probably can get another 1-2 inches if i raise my seat

TueMar02101245AmericaChicago2010_zps2089
TueMar02101245AmericaChicago2010_zps2089

Do you know how many cubic feet it is?

if i raise the seat 1 1/2" i would have 3.6 cubic feet according to the calculator on the12volt.com

I would probably do 2 sa 10s or 2 sa 12s if you raise the seat.

There are many good subs on the market.  I believe its more to do with personal preference than anything else.  However, what would you like to hear from this sub?  Plays low?  Loud?  Ported?  Sealed?  And, even more importantly, how much do you want to spend on an amp when it comes time to purchase one?  I would certainly try to make sure that whatever sub I chose, I was able to properly and cleanly power it.

From the looks of your measurements, your choices may be limited by mounting depth.  Make sure to take a look at this spec when shopping for a sub.

Sorry, I know I haven't suggested any particular brand.  I just think that enclosure size, type, power, etc. is much more important than the actual sub.

Hope this helps a little.

Best of Luck.

I would probably do 2 sa 10s or 2 sa 12s if you raise the seat.

i looked on sundowns website and the sa12s need 1.7 will i have enough room after displacement for the two?

There are many good subs on the market.  I believe its more to do with personal preference than anything else.  However, what would you like to hear from this sub?  Plays low?  Loud?  Ported?  Sealed?  And, even more importantly, how much do you want to spend on an amp when it comes time to purchase one?  I would certainly try to make sure that whatever sub I chose, I was able to properly and cleanly power it.

From the looks of your measurements, your choices may be limited by mounting depth.  Make sure to take a look at this spec when shopping for a sub.

Sorry, I know I haven't suggested any particular brand.  I just think that enclosure size, type, power, etc. is much more important than the actual sub.

Hope this helps a little.

Best of Luck.

i want to have the loudest system possible thats within my budget of $600-$650 for the subs. I wouldnt mind spending about $650 for an amp. Im really leaning towards the saz-1500 v3

What kind of music do you mainly listen to? 

If loudest is your goal, I would take a look at a ported enclosure, find a sub that will perform well in a ported enclosure, and tune it to the proper frequency.

You should be able to get a pretty good amp for that amount of money.  Just don't cut corners when it comes to the enclosure, wiring, etc.

You may want to take a look at some of the SSA subs.  They have several different types and are made here in the US. 

If loudest is your goal, I would take a look at a ported enclosure, find a sub that will perform well in a ported enclosure, and tune it to the proper frequency.

You should be able to get a pretty good amp for that amount of money. Just don't cut corners when it comes to the enclosure, wiring, etc.

You may want to take a look at some of the SSA subs. They have several different types and are made here in the US.

I listen to rap and r&b

You should be able to get a pretty good amp for that amount of money. Just don't cut corners when it comes to the enclosure, wiring, etc.

You may want to take a look at some of the SSA subs. They have several different types and are made here in the US.

I listen to rap and r&b

I think a ported enclosure is the way to go.

I use Blues speakers and Linear Power amps exclusively.  They are the best in the business in my opinion.  However, they fall outside of your budget.

That being said, I did a little looking around.  Seems like a couple of 10 in. subs from SSA or Sundown would be a consideration.  I looked at the mounting depth and enclosure recommendations and you should be good.  12's from either company may not fit with your size requirements.

As far as an amp goes, for your budget, I would perhaps take a look at something from Zed Audio.  Steve Mantz has been designing and manufacturing amps for a long time.  His new stuff gets great reviews even though I have no personal experience with it.  I used some of his old stuff back in the day and they were very good quality.

Hope I've been able to help a little.  I will certainly try to continue to help if you need it.

Best of Luck.

def look into sundown skar ppi ssa incriminator audioque/sound qubed etc. there are obviously a ton of good brands and products on the market and in my personal opinion its all about personal pref. 

good luck to ya with finding what you like and hope to see some build pics/vids