Sign in to follow this  
Travis.Iowa

Peoples experience with IA Death penalties?

I currently have an 18" IA Death Penalty and had it on a Hifonics Brutus 2100.1 and I now have a new vehicle and am looking to run two 15" IA Death Penalties, but was curious on what type of power they actually handle and what people have put to them and how well they take abuse.

I was thinking about the BC5500 Crescendo amp @ 1 ohm on the two 15"s is that to much for them honestly? 

I have a 320 amp alternator, & extra batts. So my electrical is decent. 12v setup.

Thanks for your input & time, if you can please show me a video of your setup to give me an idea on what type of power you do daily, thanks.

Goals?

Goals?

variety of music, but I like the lows personally. Won't be competing in any comps or, I don't plan to anyway.

Edited by Travis.Iowa

They will take the power asuming the enclosure is properly designed and built.  The 1500 watt rating is very conservative.

Get the Bc3500. If it's for daily, there's really no advantage in running 5500 vs 3500. I doubt you would hear a difference in output. The 3500 will give them plenty of work out and save you some cash. If it was comps then I would suggest the 5500.

Get the Bc3500. If it's for daily, there's really no advantage in running 5500 vs 3500. I doubt you would hear a difference in output. The 3500 will give them plenty of work out and save you some cash. If it was comps then I would suggest the 5500.

I agree, however if you just insist on spending coins go ahead with the 5500 and just be conservative with the gains and accurate with the box design.

So go with the BC3500? I shouldn't have to worry about the power that puts out on those subs, I had my 18" on 3k rms for a while and it took it pretty well. 1900 rms should be alright.

They will do just fine on that power and its MUCH easier on your electrical.

So go with the BC3500? I shouldn't have to worry about the power that puts out on those subs, I had my 18" on 3k rms for a while and it took it pretty well. 1900 rms should be alright.

They will do just fine on the 3500!

Thanks for advice, I will definitely take it. I appreciate it.

When I start to put work into the build I may do a log on here, and will for sure be making videos of it on my channel, when I finally get everything bought.

Solid sub's for sure.  Like most higher end, higher power subs, if you love them, they will love you back.

I've personally had the 21. One of the better sounding subs I've owned! Extremely musical! Played rock very well! Definitely handled my bc2000d well. You will be pleased with 2k per sub no doubt.