Sign in to follow this  

Was wondering if theres anew Double Din HU out thats a suitable replacement for my AVIC Z2 in terms of the EQ and the Audio features it has. My outputs have went out so im running 2 hi low pac converters So im looking for something reliable and good. also navigation is a plus as well.

Powering Type R 6.5s in the front and 6x9s with a mrx-f35 4ch amp.

After getting the Kenwood DNX9990HD I would opt for their new DNN990HD since it has built in wifi capability as well.

After getting the Kenwood DNX9990HD I would opt for their new DNN990HD since it has built in wifi capability as well.

Dang, I should have waited

Dang, I should have waited

I though I was the only one that kind of thing happened to.  :)

I've heard alot of good after the CES event with the switching of the GUI helping things out as well as making the unit just outright faster as well.

any other alternatives besides the kenwood? maybe one more budget friendly?

If you search around the Clarion NX702 could be had between 500-600 used just like the Kenwood 9990

The 990 is an all new unit for 2013. The difference between the DNX9980HD vs DNX9990HD is honestly a head scratcher for me. I guess the biggest change is the 990HD is supposed to run a heavily modified version of android OS.

The list would be like this

DNX9980HD (2011) --> DNX9990HD (2012) --> DNN990HD (Now)