silenkiller

Suggestions on an 18 for a 06 Mustang Backseat Replacement?

Okay, so I'm wanting to build a box into my worthless backseat area in my mustang and reverse mount a 18 which should look sweet as hell. I'm not walling it into the trunk though, I dont /think/ anyway, it will depend on if I can fit it or not. The point is 1: to keep my trunk space open and 2: to avoid firing in the trunk at all to avoid all the nasty trunk rattles. 3: to look badddass. Here is a picture to get the idea, a mix of both is what I'm going for.

Question is, does anyone have experience with mustang cabin responses, etc that can recommend me away or towards a specific sub? I'm going to have about 2500~ RMS to a single 18. I was thinking a ZCON initially, as its modeling really well for what I want, but as we know, its hard to say how it will end up once its actually in the car. I'm looking for low end authoritiy (love listening to electronic dance music and occasional dubstep) not end all high numbers. Not competing, just wanting to be an intense daily driver thats unique and likely to get broken into. jon.gif

I should probably mention the way the magnet looks is kind of important to a degree lol, I love the wild look of those FI neo magnents but damn so expensive. SP4 looked interesting but 3kw is out of the question I think.

100_0510.jpg

92769d1268245114-back-seat-delete-sub-wo

Edited by silenkiller

I am actually going to be doing something similar to the first pic with an SP4. I haven't made up my mind on whether to reverse mount or not though. I personally think a Zcon would like awesome in a setup like this, but then again so would an Xcon since you aren't in to having a crap ton of power. Either will play lows with authority if boxed sufficiently. In the end it's up to your pocket and the way you like the look of the magnet if you're going for looks.

The 2nd pic is pretty sweet. Very clean build

What does 3Kw have to do with an SP4?

What does 3Kw have to do with an SP4?

You MUST run more than a speaker is rated for to make it boom loud.

here are some of my friends cars

Picture015-1_zps8b13fd90.jpg

Picture014-1_zpsa74c1dbc.jpg

Picture009-1_zps247a8dee.jpg

Picture010-1_zpsad0f53c1.jpg

Picture008-1_zpsd2d33d5a.jpg

pretty far from what your asking about.. but figured i would share.

Jesus! That thing is sweet

what one.. those are two differentcars. lol

holy shit lol, well im just stuck trying to decide whether to get an sp4 18 or a zcon 18. Only really have like 5.5 CUFT to work with though, so I'm also concerned im going to be choking them out. 

Then get a 15.

Then get a 15.

This,

After internal displacement you're gonna wish you did. Just wondering though, what are you measuring to only get 5.5 ^3?

Talk to Julian.  He's got a walled S197.   Those pics are sweet, but foxes and SN95s are different animals.

Decided to go with an SP4-18, going to be able to squeeze out 5.5cuft, I've modeled it and it still looks pretty damn good so I'm not worried. Its going to be nasty.