Sign in to follow this  
AXEHAMMER

Just a little help?

With my setup so far my top score is 147.9 @ 32hz. Was wondering if anyone could tell me any quick tips on being louder on the meter without changing power or box?

2004 Dodge Durango. 2 XCON 15s in 4 cubes net each with 160 sq in of port between the two. Amps are RF T1500cp on each sub. Hints, tips, tricks?

Im very new to competing. They place the meter in middle of windshield down low near dash if it matters. Thanks in advance everyone!

Edit-My second score (last weekend) was a 146.3 @ 35hz. I did have to notch out a little of my box on each corner to fit it properly and of course my stupid ass unloaded the subs after the first show. Would it be warmer weather lowering my score or a combination of all three things I just said?

Edited by AXEHAMMER

What works for my car may not work for yours and i havent tested with the mic in the middle of the windshield. so what i have tried that works for the kick probably wouldnt help much for the middle of the windshield.

Testing, testing and more testing. There are plenty of threads with tips on how to add to your score and some build logs with info too. Do a little research

every vehical is diffrent, like jay-cee said, its all about testing..  visors down, vents closer seats up or layed back, settings, ..

im not sure how low the threshold is on that amp as far as ohms go but i run daily at 1 ohm and i burp and streetbeat at .25, much more power.

Yeah, if you are serious about wanting numbers you may want to look into a meter and do sometesting for yourself.

every vehical is diffrent, like jay-cee said, its all about testing..  visors down, vents closer seats up or layed back, settings, ..

im not sure how low the threshold is on that amp as far as ohms go but i run daily at 1 ohm and i burp and streetbeat at .25, much more power.

They are one ohm stable, i have no idea below that if they are stable or not Jon. With dual 1s and seperate amps i think my options are 2 ohms or .5 ohms correct?

Just a lot of testing sir. I would first start with the box. Test almost every reasonable box size with different port combination. Like, 8cubes tuned at 47 with 90cuin of port, then test again with 7.5 cubes tuned at 47 with 100cuin of port. etc.