Sign in to follow this  
Briggiboy33

new box for fi ssd 15" in 2006 tundra

currently i have a 2.5cuft box tuned around 33hz with a 1300.1 percision power amp running at 1 ohm. i have just installed a pair of polk components in the front with a powerbass 2ch  giving each side about 100rms. so now the sub isnt the main part of my system like it was before when i only had 30rms to the front doors that would get un audible when the sub hit. the idea for the new box is about  4cuft tuned around 28hz or so. my biggest question is how big should my port be? what are the advantages of 12" vs 16" per cube? would 12" be more snappy vs a 16" which would move more air? currently the box is directly behind the drivers seat with the sub and port facing the driver. the new box would have to take up the rear passengers side and the rear middle seat. should i face the sub and port up, keep it facing foward, sub foward port to drivers side? idk, just looking for some small details/tips for my new box before i try to draw something up on sketchup. ohhh and i have a 15''x30" piece of 1/2" plexi glass i was planning to put on the box to see inside and put my huge fi sticker on. but any thoughts, comments, tips, concerns are very appreciated. thank you

so what did i do wrong to get absolutly no feed back? was it that stupid of a question? or did i post in the wrong section? atleast tell me  that much...

I don't think it's a stupid question. Probably was just asked at the wrong time and people didn't see it. For the port it's going to have nothing to do with the box size. It has to do with the sub. We're going to need your max dimensions too. Why do you want to tune that low?

I don't think it's a stupid question. Probably was just asked at the wrong time and people didn't see it. For the port it's going to have nothing to do with the box size. It has to do with the sub. We're going to need your max dimensions too. Why do you want to tune that low?

Take the square in per cubic ft rule, poop on it, light it on fire and throw it out of a 3rd story window.

Yes it has to do with the sub, but also the tuning frequency. There are several threads about it and you can calculate minimum required.

alright well i have the maximum dimensions for a box all drawn up on sketch up. im just looking to make the sub louder, and im thinking 30hz tuning would be ideal to play everything in any song. i currently have a 2.5cuft box which is probably tuned more like 35-38hz. i currently am giving the sub roughly 1300rms, probably a little lower. but im looking for more efficiency so i dont heat up the sub so much anymore. i have always been told the larger ports hit the lows louder... idk but if someone could help me a bit with this box id very much appreciate it.