Sign in to follow this  
azlnick

First time! I'm making an Amp Rack!

So I decided to make an amp rack. I figured I could make a simple wall cut-out with some simple cardboard templates and a skil saw. I spent the better part of the afternoon doing this. A Crescendo 3500 will go on this rack, I plan to make holes and grommets for all cables. I will put any distribution blocks or speaker terminal bays underside and or speaker connector block thing (Don't know the name). 

I'll update this as I finish it, and post it in a build log later.

Just wanted to share what I did today! It's my first time, far from perfect or even clean looking. But this is a passion and a hobby of mine, and I want to do this all myself and learn from experience. I knew that planning and thinking about it would only go so far, time to apply. Well it's coming along, we'll see how it ends up.

Here's what I've got so far:

Inside of Trunk

AmpRack1.jpg

Another angle

AmpRack2.jpg

Another Angle

AmpRack3.jpg

Took some cardboard cutouts for the top sail and measured the height and length. Amp dimensions included for reference.

AmpRack4.jpg

Dimensions of Crescendo 3500

AmpRack5.jpg

The main idea

AmpRack6.jpg

Cardboard cutout planning

AmpRack7.jpg

Some comfy room sounds good

AmpRack8.jpg

Looks good to me. Not looking for too close of a fit.

AmpRack9.jpg

A bit of a gap, but you won't notice a difference once it's carpeted I hope.

AmpRack10.jpg

Ignore the stock speaker. The ski access port is 8" by 8". This makes me curious about using it as a port. Any ideas behind that?

AmpRack11.jpg

I think I might put a speaker connector plate on the rack for easy and clean speaker wire connections.

You are on the right track here. Take your time and learn as you go.

Looking good man!

Thanks, I'll be adding a second rack on the opposite side for my front channel Arc Audio FD2100 amp next.

Thanks, I'll be adding a second rack on the opposite side for my front channel Arc Audio FD2100 amp next.

Awesome! I hope to see it someday man.

Awesome! I hope to see it someday man.

XCON should be here about the same time the semester ends, in the 2nd week of May. We should definitely chill sometime man.

Yeah for sure! Hopefully my new setup is together by then. I have very high hopes for the new build.

Looking good man!

Ok guys I have a question. What are some ideas on how to secure the Amp Rack? I'm thinking about making a trunk cutout from a sheet of birch as a floor. I'd then use right angle brackets and wood screws for the racks. I don't have a lot of tools.

Pics dont work for me, check out my playlist on youtube though, lots of stuff you may want to use. 

Dang, links must've died when I put them into an album. Here are the pics. AmpRack1.jpg

AmpRack2.jpg
AmpRack3.jpg
AmpRack4.jpg
AmpRack5.jpg
AmpRack6.jpg
AmpRack7.jpg
AmpRack8.jpg
AmpRack9.jpg
AmpRack10.jpg
AmpRack11.jpg

I decided to make a better cardboard template and will have to make a second cut. Learning from my mistakes the hard way. Waiting on carpet from parts-express.