mlcantin

Dc audio never ceases to amaze me (sarcasm alert)

BOOM

oh hell.

if you don't wanna help go away

lol eat a large bowl of dick dude.

im asking questions to figure out your issue   and your statement of " the coils are hot but the cap is cool  on 200 watts" is a foolish thing to say...

so i say it a fucking gain  OH HELLLLLLLL

I said both cap and coil is hot not the cap is cool and no thanks I eat pussy. So you think the gain is off?

If you ran 250 watts thru those subs for a period of time and physically touched the coil im surprised it didn't burn the piss out if you.

This.

if the coil and cap are both very hot i would think you have them shorted out  pull the subs and take pics of how you have them wired....

i know it seems like impossible mistake but it happends very offten...

So the rattling is perfectly normal even though I can hear it over the bass? Actually that's all I hear

the coil should be hot.  the cap should only be warm

if the coil and cap are both very hot i would think you have them shorted out  pull the subs and take pics of how you have them wired....

i know it seems like impossible mistake but it happends very offten...

I can't take a picture. My phone camera lens is scratched so pictures are not an option right now I'm afraid

first, I want to ensure everyone knows...

We were DC first :P

Anyway, I am willing to bet there are other issues here then the subs. Sounds like some wiring or setting issues. The DD1 is pretty much junk for a daily setup for tuning.

So the rattling is perfectly normal even though I can hear it over the bass? Actually that's all I hear

If the dust cap is rattling then it is a glue failure not a heat build up issue. Are you actually getting output from the subs at all?

If the dust cap is rattling then it is a glue failure not a heat build up issue. Are you actually getting output from the subs at all?

yes I can play them for about two minutes fine and then the rattling starts to kick in. I wouldn't call it rattling as much as I would say it sounds like a hammer hitting the dustcap

Did you buy these new? Why do you say "supposedly" in your first post?

yes I can play them for about two minutes fine and then the rattling starts to kick in. I wouldn't call it rattling as much as I would say it sounds like a hammer hitting the dustcap

Where is your ssf set? (If you have one) Kinda sounds like bottoming out. Maybe?

Iv had plenty of subs without cooling and never had noise. Heat yes but it doesn't Seem like heating

up would cause it to make a lot of noise. But I have set ssf to low in the past and had knocking sounds.

Edited by frogcase2002

Check the wiring. Note how you have it wired exactly and post that info here. It's a safe place to start

Did you buy these new? Why do you say "supposedly" in your first post?

they are new I bought them but dc could have cheated me for all I know

Where is your ssf set? (If you have one) Kinda sounds like bottoming out. Maybe?

Iv had plenty of subs without cooling and never had noise. Heat yes but it doesn't Seem like heating

up would cause it to make a lot of noise. But I have set ssf to low in the past and had knocking sounds.

20 hertz but I don't play anything that low anyways

Check the wiring. Note how you have it wired exactly and post that info here. It's a safe place to start

Roger that

I didnt know you could wire 3 D4's subs to 4 Ohms.  Everywhere I've looked online show either 2.67 Ohms or 6 Ohms

So does it sound like something is hitting the inside of the dustcap?

I didnt know you could wire 3 D4's subs to 4 Ohms.  Everywhere I've looked online show either 2.67 Ohms or 6 Ohms

where did it say 3?

and 20 Hz is low what is your box tuned to?

Hell draw a damn diagram in MS paint. Also what's. your box like? Heat builds up easily in a smaller sealed box.

Also, don't bash the company until you hate exhausted all options YOU could of created. It's easy to blame the company when it might be your install skills left something wrong.

J

2 level 3s

He has 2 level 3 subwoofers.

J