SpeakerBoy

50mm headphone drivers - modded headphones

Holy sandy vagina. Reread your own stupid thread. I am the only one that actually gave you a recommmendation. I help people all the time that don't have my goals. Hell pretty much no one on here has my goaslr

M5 I'm completely baffled as the why you are still acting as though I chase SQ in any form, I only want it to meet or surpass oem clarity. The bass is all i'm working at bumping up. So far, i've met that goal.

Stop reading into things what you want to read and instead open your mind a bit. I was helping you with YOUR goals, not mine. I think the idea is absolutely fucking stupid. I FULLY understand your position and don't agree with any of it. My reference to doing it right was to help you maximize YOUR goals which I know has nothing to do with SQ.

You really need to open your mind a bit, it'll help a ton.

How do you intend to help me with my goals on a project you consider stupid? Don't reply to my stuff if you only intend to shoot it down in every aspect, I don't need that kind of input; I'm trying to have fun here, not deal with salty audiophiles who consider anything less a waste.

You only point out flaws and fail to suggest any alternatives within reason.

I am shit ass poor, so if you can't find a solution within that parameter, keep it to yourself.

To your comment in response to my headphones weather resistance, durability is first priority over sound quality.

What use is a nice sounding set if it's ruined?

M5 I'm completely baffled as the why you are still acting as though I chase SQ in any form, I only want it to meet or surpass oem clarity. The bass is all i'm working at bumping up. So far, i've met that goal.

Stop reading into things what you want to read and instead open your mind a bit. I was helping you with YOUR goals, not mine. I think the idea is absolutely fucking stupid. I FULLY understand your position and don't agree with any of it. My reference to doing it right was to help you maximize YOUR goals which I know has nothing to do with SQ.

How do you intend to help me with my goals on a project you consider stupid? Don't reply to my stuff if you only intend to shoot it down in every aspect, I don't need that kind of input; I'm trying to have fun here, not deal with salty audiophiles who consider anything less a waste.

I am shit ass poor, so if you can't find a solution within that parameter, keep it to yourself.

To your comment in response to my headphones weather resistance, durability is first priority over sound quality.

And what use is a set of shitty sounding speakers that are weather proof?

There are things in this world that can be custom built and perform better than off the shelf, but this instance is not one of them--that is why people are not offering help to your irrational project.

What makes you so sure they inherently sound like shit?

M5 humor me and repost your advice.

to everyone; if you don't have advice that fits the project, don't reply. This is what is is, because it's all i have to build for now. No idea what I'm doing, and apparently none of you have tried it either.

You can't brush off the fact that it has been moving along excellently so far and say it's bullshit. You're ignoring the evidence that this isn't junk just to whine about how it's irrational or useless. 

Your tastes and mine are different, you have no right to dictate what constitutes sound quality to me. For grown men you act an awful lot like a high school clique full of snobby rich kids.

if you can't think of a way to improve on the design, don't need the input. the goal of this is TO BE CUSTOMIZED. Not off the damn shelf, so quit telling me to buy a decent pair instead.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

And what use is a set of shitty sounding speakers that are weather proof?

There are things in this world that can be custom built and perform better than off the shelf, but this instance is not one of them--that is why people are not offering help to your irrational project.

What makes you so sure they inherently sound like shit?

What makes you so sure they won't?

This isn't personal, but I have a hard time believing you can best a company's product and design by simply swapping out the drivers, and since the drivers are small they play full range fine, so processing isn't needed, right?

You can buy a set of $15 Denon studio headphones on Amazon, and they will perform better in every single aspect than anything you, or I for that matter would rig up.

M5 humor me and repost your advice.

to everyone; if you don't have advice that fits the project, don't reply. This is what is is, because it's all i have to build for now. No idea what I'm doing, and apparently none of you have tried it either.

You can't brush off the fact that it has been moving along excellently so far and say it's bullshit. You're ignoring the evidence that this isn't junk just to whine about how it's irrational or useless. 

Your tastes and mine are different, you have no right to dictate what constitutes sound quality to me. For grown men you act an awful lot like a high school clique full of snobby rich kids.

if you can't think of a way to improve on the design, don't need the input. the goal of this is TO BE CUSTOMIZED. Not off the damn shelf, so quit telling me to buy a decent pair instead.

In that case you should find yourself a used pair of 18" BTLs, and a few rolls of duct-tape.