Sign in to follow this  
ChadS13TDI

2013 Passat TDI (My Slow Build)

Box and install looks very nice!! What's the specs on the box?

I have 1 12 Xcon right now and it impresses me every time I hear it! I can't wait to get my second one in soon.

I have 1 12 Xcon right now and it impresses me every time I hear it! I can't wait to get my second one in soon.

Your design. Remember. :). 2.8cubes @33. Due to my amateur woodworking skills I think the tuning ended up being 31.5 ish tho.

Overall thoughts on the car?

Overall thoughts on the car?

On the Passat? TDI specific, I love it. It works well for me.  I commute 100miles roundtrip every day just for work so it's a nice comfy ride that get's great MPG, and it's not a gutless Prius or some other hybrid.  The DSG transmission is quirky but if you're capable of adapting it's an awesome transmission.   I am about to turn 30k in 1yr 2weeks of ownership. my lifetime mixed MPG is 42.  I routinely get 50mpg on the way into work when traffic is calm and usually low 40's on the way home.  The TDI is not a MPG beast in the city, you have to get out and drive at least 10-15miles cruising before you get up there in MPG.  that being said the city MPG is no slouch you will be in the  30's easy.

With the technology in the car I am scared to death of a catostrophic failure that will cost me thousands.  Drivetrain is good for 60k, and I will probably look at getting the geico MB insurance to mitigate any out of warranty issues and for some piece of mind.  

Service costs were covered for first 3yr 36k, but oil changes every 10k, 40k for trans, 120k (I think for timing, and DPF). 

Overall I'm not sure that you would be saving yourself much money by going TDI diesel vs loaded 4cylder camry,  but for me i was willing to pay the premium for the TDI to enjoy a little more refinement, a nicer drivetrain (I hate CVT transmissions and a 4cyl camry prob has at least 50ft tq less than the tdi.  Plus Diesels if maintained can drive hundreds of thousands of miles and if I continue at this pace of driving my TDI will be better suited than a 4cylder camry.

Probably more info than you wanted but that's my .02.

Let me know if you have any questions about it. :)

Your design. Remember. :). 2.8cubes @33. Due to my amateur woodworking skills I think the tuning ended up being 31.5 ish tho.

Yes now I do!! It was a while ago and I've designed a few more boxes since then. Turned out good man!

Yes now I do!! It was a while ago and I've designed a few more boxes since then. Turned out good man!

Haha. Thanks man. It was quite a while ago when I started this project.

How come you took your zcons out for one xcon?

Uhh well I guess I really didn't need that much and the weight was an issue. I wanted to get some money back so I could buy my AR15. I have another 12 coming so ill have 2 xcons on the 2500