MikeJ

RE SE12 Change to RL-i

Hi I have 1 RE SE 12 in a ported box(30) with 500 watts .I want to take up a little less room and I found out about the RL-i 8s and 10s and was thinking about switching over. I will be running a PG X600.1 to the subs. How do you think 2 of these 8s or 10s would compare to the 12 I have now.

Thanks for your help.

MikeJ

Hi I have 1 RE SE 12 in a ported box(30) with 500 watts .I want to take up a little less room and I found out about the RL-i 8s and 10s and was thinking about switching over. I will be  running a PG X600.1 to the subs. How do you think 2 of these 8s or 10s would compare to the 12 I have now.

Thanks for your help.

MikeJ

with the 8's u'll end up with a little less cone area then the 12, and an enclosure just south of the same size (assuming about 2ft^3 for the 12, you'll need about 1.5^3 or so for the eights)..so i'd imagine pretty close performance wise. maybe a slight edge to the se.

with the 10's you'll get more cone area in roughly the same sixe box, same assumption as above. edge here easily goes to the 10's. even if the se has more throw, the tens have 40in^2 more cone, or so.

all in all, it's a close call. box is going to be the biggest factor in determining the rl-i's (either size) performance, especially compared to the se, which isn't a slouch.

my choice? the pair of 10's. whilest i like the 8's (do i ever love my rl-i 8!!) something about 10's is just cool too.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

In the past I had 2 PG Xmax 10s in a sealed box and loved them. I sold them when I got a new car. Thats when I got the SE12 its a bad@$$ sub. I feel like the 2 10s hit harder. They might not have hit the low lows the same but when the hit they hit good. Hope you under stand what I am trying to say. Thats why I am thinking about 10s again.

Mike J.

:WELCOME: to ssa MikeJ,

Kent is right the 2 10's will have the cone advantage over the 12. I would say try porting the RL-i 10s and tune low, some where in the 25 - 29 hz range. You should hear a nice gain in the bottom end. The SE is a great all around sub, but I would run the two RL-i 10's.

WOOT!

that is all i have to add to this thread.

need to buy me some RLi just because...then i could add more.

In the past I had 2 PG Xmax 10s in a sealed box and loved them. I sold them when I got a new car. Thats when I got the SE12 its a bad@$$ sub. I feel like the 2 10s hit harder. They might not have hit the low lows the same but when the hit they hit good. Hope you under stand what I am trying to say. Thats why I am thinking about 10s again.

Mike J.

if you loved the pg subs sealed, wait till you hear the rl-i's!! and tghe they will indeed get low. mike has a vid around here somewhere of an rl-i10 just getting nasty..lol.

get the rl-i 10's, you won't go back!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

> vid around here somewhere of an rl-i10 just getting nasty

I believe [this] be the one. yesnod.gif

Too bad there was so little light at the time of recording, damn camera couldn't focus. If memory serves, that RL-i10 is in a 0.75 cu ft sealed.

you guys are killing me. some people here said they are going to import re subs and an estimate for an se12 is 350$. i can't make up my mind between an rl-i 10 or an se 12.

but i guess i'll take an rl-i, cause taxes can't be more than 100$.

Edited by Adrian_D

I think I will be going with the 2 10s soon. Thanks for all the Help.

Mike J.

Mike J.

sweet! i don't think you'll be disappointed at all!!

and wow, mike made an appearance!!!! :woot::hay::bigok::domoslay::wub:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Mike J.

:bigok::bigok: