Sign in to follow this  
gprestonmoto

AGM Battery for my Cad

Going to be picking up my 88 Cadillac Eldorado this weekend and it needs a new battery under the hood. I need the biggest bang for my buck. I'm looking at WalMart since Marine Batteries are cheap. Any suggestions on which has the most oomph without having to tear under hood to fit something. I'll be running extra batteries in the back for the future, but right now I'll just need to run a Carver PMA 2062 for front stage and a Helix SPXL1000B in the future to run a pair of DP's. My budget is around 100 bucks.

You need a agm battery?

I guess I don't need one just thought that was my best option, if not please let me know. This is not my expertise and I won't pretend it is.

If your budget is 100 dollars you will have to go with a normal starting bat.

Your best bet for 100 dollars might be a walmart standard battery.

He could fit a 3400 series in it.

I don't have to use Walmart, I just like the fact that they'll replace it come hell or high water and they're easily accessible. If there's a different auto shop and a battery I can get somewhat close by I'd be happy. I just don't want to sit around waiting for something online.

Sears diehard batteries.

The everstart brand actually recieves high ratings consistently and is often found to be the best bang for the buck for starting batteries.

I'd love an XS D3400 but I just can't swing the money.

Which Everstart from Wally World would be my best bet audio-neon? I need to drop her in and get the car started this weekend.

Which Everstart from Wally World would be my best bet audio-neon? I need to drop her in and get the car started this weekend.

The one i linked is the best they offer in everstart. Just check its dimensions and make sure it will fit. With a car that big i would imagine it would

Hearing from some people to run AGM as secondaries and a normal battery as a starting battery. Looking like I'm probably going to swing by WalMart and pick up an Everstart MAXX-78-N that is a direct fit for the car. I really appreciate all the help guys.

Some people say not to mix regular batteries and agm. That being said, i never had a problem when i did it. Good luck moto!

Thanks a lot bro, we'll see how it goes.

Mixing them shouldn't be too much of a problem.. The nay-sayers are probably competitors, where getting every ampere from the battery to the amplifier, as quickly as possible is much more critical.

Check out Deka's from Remy battery online. Pretty inexpensive for good batteries