Sign in to follow this  
Budah93

FI SSD box

I just ordered (2) FI SSD and I'm wondering how big I should go on the box. I want to get the most I can out of the subs. They will be powered by my sundown SAZ 2500d. The biggest dimensions I would like to go are: 44w x 36d x 25h. The 36d gives me about 7 inches from the hatch door. The FI website calls for 3-4 cubes a piece at 33 hz. How big do you think I should go? What tuning frequency? Any help is appreciated.

Too vague...

Model the subs. You have a flatter responce at lower volume. Larger the volume with the same tuning will result in a ripple around tuning then turning saddle shaped up to the cut off frequency of the sub.

If you want more output. Go up to the largest box that will fit while keeping ripple no more than 3db and keeping delay less than 28 m/s below ~30 hertz.

Too vague...

What additional information do you need?

Model the subs. You have a flatter responce at lower volume. Larger the volume with the same tuning will result in a ripple around tuning then turning saddle shaped up to the cut off frequency of the sub.

If you want more output. Go up to the largest box that will fit while keeping ripple no more than 3db and keeping delay less than 28 m/s below ~30 hertz.

So just got the full 8 cubes?

No reread the second paragraph.

What is ripple? i'm not building the box i'm having someone else do it but I have to tell him how I want it

Ripple is a ripple or wave in the responce. A positive ripple will provide more output.