Sign in to follow this  
DieseLife

Precision BK1300.1 for X/Icon?

Gonna buy a single 10" or 12" X or Icon, which ever pops up in the classifieds first. Will be in a .8-9 cuft fiberglass box sealed, polyfilled 1-2lb iirc. This is an under seat setup for a 4 door dodge pickup.

I've seen the black ice has been proving a decent amp for the money. Just want to get any last opinions or reasons to not get it and go with something else. I don't want to spend more than $200-250 on an amp at the moment.

Thanks!

I've been running one for a while now, and I really like it for the price.

And they look nice too in my opinion.

Are you talking about a FI X or the sundown X? If its the sundown then I would get the icon. Sundown told me the X would be better in a ported box and it is not really designed for sealed boxes.

Are you talking about a FI X or the sundown X? If its the sundown then I would get the icon. Sundown told me the X would be better in a ported box and it is not really designed for sealed boxes.

I think that he means I/X CON.

I can either pick up this amp or a local guy selling his Orion HCCA d2400 barely used for $200. Is the Orion a better option?

I think that he means I/X CON.

That's what I thought at first but then he said X or icon. Not sure lol just giving him the info if he is talking about the x from sundown

Thanks for the info so far guys, I realky do appreciate it.

How about this Orion d2400 hcca? Its that or the Precision

If it is in good condition it is a good amp.

Its barely used. Ill try pick up this orion then, if it falls thru ill get the precision

200 is kind of high for used though.

He was going to do $150 actually. I'm not sure if I want to buy used or just go with a new Precision tho for a few bucks more

Id rather go new, just avoids the hassle if any. Just a personal preference but as long as the Orion works then its a go.

it's funny I've always been partial to buying new, but the last sub I had (OZ Audio Matrix Elite 12) I bought used off of the internet from a guy in another country, and used it with no issues for 7 years.  I guess it's buyer beware, as you can get a good deal, but you can get screwed too.  If the Orion looks in good condition and doesn't appear to be tampered with then might be a good deal for ya...

That being said, I'm running a PPI Sedona series amp, and love it.

Edited by nigel

I can get the black ice 1300 new to my door for $185. I'm going to go new because I know it would be just my luck to buy one used and have it die shortly after. Lol

I can get the black ice 1300 new to my door for $185. I'm going to go new because I know it would be just my luck to buy one used and have it die shortly after. Lol

A lot of times I suggest shopping for used gear but in your situation, between those two I'd get the ppi.