Sign in to follow this  
jonbearsmt

2012 F-250 souped up super crew install !

my buddy rob just came into some money,

i have done many stereos for him over the years.  so when he got a new truck he gave me free range and a budget,

its a new truck so he didnt want to hack it up.. i understand that so....

head unit will be

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P4400BH

box will be for 2 sundown SD-10s

and the amp will be a older Memphis PR 1000.1 a nice underrated amp.

will be wired with 0 gauge that i have here at home, and we will be adding some speakers to the doors soon

pictures soon

Sounds like a fun little build.

If had came into some money, looking at free range and budget, I wouldn't worry one little bit about hacking anything up.  Then again, if I was that worried about it I would go to the pull a part yard and grab the appropriate panels out of another truck to hack up.

Sounds like a fun little build.

If had came into some money, looking at free range and budget, I wouldn't worry one little bit about hacking anything up.  Then again, if I was that worried about it I would go to the pull a part yard and grab the appropriate panels out of another truck to hack up.

Times 2. It is suprisingly cheap to buy panels at a junk yard. I got my door panels for like 10 bucks a piece and hacked the shit out of them. If I ever sell the vehicle i can throw the original speakers and panels on and am out only 20 bucks!

at first is was all for moving the rear seat forward and doing some nice custom door pods  but it quickly became " lets just do what will fit with out any custom work"

and i say ok.. 

then he started talking about kicker shallows..and i said WHOAAAA WHOAAA.. if you want me to be apart of this  your gonna have to change your tude buddy!

so he wrote me a check and im buying what ever i want...

and what i have come up with is the best with what will fit in behind the seat and in budget

I love those Memphis PR amps, its the first amp I ran at 0.5 ohms. Let's get this build underway :woot:

I love those Memphis PR amps, its the first amp I ran at 0.5 ohms. Let's get this build underway woot.gif

yes indeed its ment too.. i got it in a trade a few years ago put it under the spare bed and kept it there!!! i was going to put it on danis Icon 15 one day but never got to it.. as it would changer her class standing.. and she dont need that much power!!!!  but yest a beast amp..!

i ordered everything but the subs today.. debbie has not been emailing me back for some reason :\

I love those Memphis PR amps, its the first amp I ran at 0.5 ohms. Let's get this build underway :woot:

well sundown emailed me back and stated they only have 1 d4 but they have a pair of d2s .... how did the memphis perform at .5 daily ?

With a red top up front and batcap 800 (I believe) in the trunk, it lasted a year and never got too hot where you couldn't put you hand on for a little bit. Ran 2 cvx's well, I will chalk up the reason to it failing to user error. At the time not as knowledgeable as I am now and I didn't know it was at 0.5 ohms till after it failed, found out afterwards when I went to trouble shoot. Friend hooked it up for me at the time.

I always hammered on it full tilt all the time in the car, being young and dumb. Plus no fans in the trunk and in Florida heat. How long it will last with the right electrical and good air flow, I honestly can't answer that. Would I do it again, only if that's all I have and in the situation your in. But I don't plan on running any amps under 1 ohm unless I compete, just personal preference. Its just gonna come down to trial and error.

i gotcha. well i wont have it turned up very high i would need about 900 watts out of it.. i hate to run it ah .5 but damn im in a spot.. SSA is out of stock too.. so its looking like i may have to run it at .5 it has plenty of air flow and it  has two batteries and ill be running 0 gauge to it,. and the amp has a fan .. all factors  i think i will.

I say go for it I bet it will last, yeah I didn't have 1/0 either just 4 gauge. I'm tuned in

i gotcha. well i wont have it turned up very high i would need about 900 watts out of it.. i hate to run it ah .5 but damn im in a spot.. SSA is out of stock too.. so its looking like i may have to run it at .5 it has plenty of air flow and it  has two batteries and ill be running 0 gauge to it,. and the amp has a fan .. all factors  i think i will.

Why not just run it at two ohms for ~600 watts? It'll be safer, and no quieter than 900 rms.

Why not just run it at two ohms for ~600 watts? It'll be safer, and no quieter than 900 rms.

i need 900 after rise, not before..so 600 then minus rise illbe at 400- 450

Competing?

not at all .. just daily 

ok some some updates for those who care....

pics!!!

so he bought the trunk on a saturday.. had it tuned up on a monday.. had 4 inch exhaust on wed, got a air raid system by thursday wether tech floormate by the next friday and the stereo by the next week... so it moved along quickly.. this truck is FAST!!!

20130627_181904_zpsf92b5a1a.jpg

rolls coal

20130627_181837_zpsa67dfa27.jpg

20130627_181852_zps9ab538c9.jpg

out with the old in with the new

20130627_180026_zps5af868d7.jpg

20130627_174047_zps066498aa.jpg

20130627_180813_zps1b75275c.jpg i did the new style video mod with the relay the size of a pencil eraser , also ipod inputs and usb imputs.

i sold his one of my prized under the bed amps... a pr1000.1 underrated and a sweet amp

20130627_181820_zps32a0de38.jpg

hi!

20130627_181137_zps2b57f553.jpg

20130627_181232_zpsce2961f4.jpg

20130627_181347_zpsc434dce2.jpg

very nice SQish subs

the box i got from a site called supercrew,  they build truck box and custom fit boxs for alot of cars... anyhow i called them.. and spoke with a guy.. they are out of Va  boxs are hand made to order in the US! from FLa to be exact... i really like that... as most prefabs come from mexico..

20130701_212401_zpsb58b3089.jpg

fit like a friggin glove!

20130701_214300_zps869c2f8c.jpg

some things i did not get a picture of is  the 0 gauge run.. ill get some videos soon..

sundown was out of D4s so i was forced to go with D2s... i went ahead and wired them up at 2 ohms... and if he wants more later ill run it at a half.. as he has two batteries and 0 gauge .. so  it should be fine..

he really likes it..   i need to tune it .. he had to leave out of town for work.. hes a pipe fitter so ill get videos when he returns. !!

How does it sound?

Any mods to the front stage?

If he wants to get loud I have a box to go right in there. , lol

How does it sound?

Any mods to the front stage?

no mods to the front yet,  and we finished the install at 10 PM.  so we listened to it for 30 seconds or so.. and he left the next morning out of town..  i need to tune it.. but it sounds great those few seconds..

If he wants to get loud I have a box to go right in there. , lol

i know you do. ! and if we go that route you will be the first call !

Ok just let me know, mine is setup to slide in and out in 30 minutes. Did 58's one day next day looked stock again. Sucks they are just sitting not getting use. Someone could get the hella deal on the box. Haha

yeah!! and shipping!! send one of your moving trucks this way!!

Next Texas job I get I will Halla at ya.

Next Texas job I get I will Halla at ya.

shit speaking of moving trucks i fucked one up last week!

you movers and your quest for more SQ foot on a bobtail!!!!

the truck was 13'6! and i hooked up from the back.. it had air bags.. and i had to chain up the axel.. once i lifted it i was 14'6 over the legal limit!!! anyway .. so i rode the servise road 20 miles... then i had to rush back to town.. but i forgot to unchain the axel.... so when they fixed the truck and started it the bags filled. and the chains bend some of the frame and busted the leveler valve and pushed it into the shock!!  then they drove it 20 miles back and the slack in  the chain fell down and they drug it all the way home.. and then called me."umm i think you left a chain on my truck" i got there and was sad with what i seen when i went to remove the chain.......

and its a lease truck... so my mechanic could not fix it... i have yet to get the bill but i know they are going to rape me...... rookie mistake.. i was in a hurry and just forgot :(

lol i know you love me.  :X

you have to be a very sad individual  to feel the need to go thru my build log and mark all my shit negative... that's some sad shit.. your a sad person....  your that jealous of me? that you cower  like a pussy and try to destroy my reputation ... you suck...  how about you DO something with your self and stop focusing on me.

ya little bitch.

Edited by bigjon