theripster

HD600/4 Channel 1 not working

JL HD 600/4 - Channel 1 does NOT work!! i had all the connections
checked and everything, but it's defective somehow. i got it to play
after switching back the slope switch a couple of times, and then it
would play for a little bit. then there would be some cackling, then the
signal would just completely die in Channel 1.

i can get it to play for a few minutes if i play with the switches on
the amp, but that's about it. has anyone ever heard of this?

i had my entire stereo installed by a JL dealer near me

How long ago was it installed? Any decent JL dealer would swap it right out if it hasn't been that long.

Yea what kind of crap is that? If you brought that back to my store, we'd have just swapped it out. Sometimes dealers are assholes. All we do is swap it, and send it in to get another one. Doesn't cost a dime, unless you're a POS unauthorized dealer.

the problem is that i bought the amp used from someone, because it was in perfect condition (from how it appeared). i actually bought it off another installer who bought it directly from JL.

ARRGGH!!! i hate having to deal with crap like this! i just want my damn stereo to work properly!

thats why i never mess with used stuff. never know what the knuckle head before you did with the amp. try to get it swapped/replaced/your money back!!

If you bought it from an authorized dealer, even used, then had it installed by another authorized dealer, chances are, JL will warranty it.

i contacted JL to see what they say... waiting on their response.

it's funny because i did a google search and found a guy on Amazon who wrote a review of the HD600/4 having the same exact problem....

well, i went through the systems and checked everything, and after taking out the amp, re-installing it and all the wires, it now works flawlessly. i am actually very impressed with the amp

so it might have just been a loose connection somewhere, although i still find it weird that when channel 1 would go out, i could make it come back on by flipping the filter slope switch a couple of times... so i truly hope it's not something internally.

If the installer bought the amp within a year not only will they not fix it but the installer will have his ass in a crack due to terms of employee discount. You can't get around it since JL product has serial numbers and it will be traced back to him.