natedizzle

best place to buy H/O alts.....

anyone know any sites that sell h/o alts for hondas cause i really need one cause the one i have now is 75amps and it just aint cuttin it anymore....any help would be great cause i did some searchin and didnt really come up with anything.

To many bad stories from alterstart.

www.excessiveamperage.com

www.ohiogenerator.com

To many bad stories from alterstart.

www.excessiveamperage.com

www.ohiogenerator.com

Ive been driving on it for now but looking to put it to the test in a few. Hopefully nothing breaks.

Here's a good link to a discussion about them on CYV

Click Here

Hope this helps some. The best ones where already named above but some of these may be helpful as well.

i wouldn't recommend excessive amperage. on my 3rd one from him and i can hear the bearing going out on it, and the other 2 were doa, and he never kept his promises in terms of shipping. he had a group buy on ca.com and a lot of people got bad alts. anyways i'd only buy from www.mean-green.com

Be careful when purchasing "cheap" alts. Most of the so-called high output alternator companies do nothing more than slap a higher amperage stator in the unit with standard rectifiers and regulators. This does nothing more than provide for higher output while driving and most of the time, the cut in RPM is very high on them. This will lead to undercharging and excessive heat and wear. Do some research on how alternators work, and ask the company what they do to make the unit and what components they use.

Don't buy from High Output Alts.

I bought mine from Excessive Amperage.

WAY too damn expensive... Mean Green quote on a 180a Alt with fully warranty: ~$320

HO: $540 and that doesnt include shipping!!!

what do you guys think about this...it sounds pretty good but im not sure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

might be alright. he's got good feedback after a year of doing it.

but like ryan mentioned earlier, some guys just change some parts.

email the guy and ask exactly what he does to each alternator. then do some research and make sure what he tells you is kosher.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

ok ill write him a email and then post it on here and let you guys see it and say what you think.....o yeah HO alt wanted $689 for my bigger alt....dddddaaaaammmmmmnnnnnn!!!!!!

I can tell you with HO, you are getting your money's worth. They have their own components made for their alts. They've done their homework and KNOW what they are doing. THey may be more expensive, but the difference is an alternator that lasts 1-3 years to one that lasts 7-10 years.

so if i write to the sellers on ebay that have one for mine what should i ask them about them??? i mean you guys said ask them what parts they use or how they make them H/O....i just dont wanna write them and ask a stupid question about the alt.

Ask them if the rotor is rewound along with the stator. Ask them for the manufacturer and part numbers of the rectifier and regulator. Ask them the amperage rating for the diodes. DO they use quality bearings?

Just an FYI, the Nippondenso's are notorious for having weak stators. Our supplier won't even rewind them due to the fact that they just don't last. Most of the high output stuff we do for Hondas end up getting replaced with a simple cheap Delco unit. I say cheap because they really are, price wise. They are abundant and parts are readily available, where as the Denso units, well, I've already gone into that.

ok i asked him all that stuff and ill post it back on here when he responds and writes back.....

Wow a month and a half later and no response, he must suck....well he is on Egay so.....