Maddenkid2011

I almost feel guilty

I know there used to be a craigslist thread somewhere but I can't find it so i'm putting this here. I figured you guys would appreciate these deals.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/3980453959.html

Is this real life?

Zcon - $300

T-1500bdcp - $200

T 800-4 - $200

I'm buying the 800-4 from him tomorrow but the price on it makes me feel like this is some craigslist killer trap

Edited by Maddenkid2011

Great deal! I would grab it all if I was in the area. But yeah be careful haha

Tell him you want to test it and have him wire it up in his vehicle or test in yours. ATLEAST for the amps. Zcon is a great deal if its not trashed

I was gonna buy everything and resell it all but I just missed the 1500bdcp. I'm torn between keeping the 800-4 or selling it and making a quick 100 bucks... or more lol. Not even sure what a legitimate resell value for a < 1 year old RF amp. Probably could get at least $350 for it.

I'm assuming he really needed the money because he took a massive hit on that equipment. Easily lost a $1000 if he really bought everything brand new like he said.

That is a deal on the Zcon for sure.

he might just want to upgrade , I know I sold my last gear for low so I could upgrade fairly quick....or he might just need the money bad, hopefully its not stolen or broke.....but good luck great deal

I'm definitely going to try it out before I drive off. He said he really needed the money, but even if you really needed the money you could sell that equipment fast and make at least $200 more.

I have my mono block installed right now. If I was to swap it with his amp on the spot (swap the power, ground, turn-on, and rca) and hook it up to my components real quick would it work? Or is the rca that goes to my mono block only for bass?

I've never hooked up a 4-channel but i'm assuming it should just be a basic swap.

Edited by Maddenkid2011

It depends on the head unit.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-eitL8Th3maf/p_113KDCX696/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X696.html

I would just have to switch the preout to the front instead of sub, correct? And I only have one RCA, so if I only hook up to the front will i still be able to run all 4 channels? Or should I just hook up to the tweet or mid only? First experience with a 4-channel so i'm not entirely sure what will work, what should work, and what should never be done.

Correct just switch it to the front pre-outs. I would test all four channels, just test two at a time to make sure they work.

Cool and it probably isn't stolen either, as the box and birth sheet came with it.

Gotta love those random Craigslist deals that pop up. I've got a few myself.. Treo ssx 12 for around 150$ and a Fi q 15 for $120 or so. Good deal!

I know it's my first time wiring a 4-channel amp but i'm pretty sure the rear channel is broken...

I have tried every possible wiring combination to try to get something out of the rear channel and I've gotten nothing. So it's either something that i'm doing wrong because it's my first time.... or the rear channel's broken and that's why it was $200.

It has a 2/4 channel switch. I hooked up each individual speaker, bypassing the crossover, to it's corresponding input. I put the tweeters on the front channel and the mids on the rear channel, and ran a second rca from the head unit's rear pre out to the amps rear input. I also swtiched the 2/4 channel switch to 4. The tweeters worked but the mids didn't.

So after that I switch to the 2 channel option. So 1 channel to the front and 1 channel to the rear input. I connected my mids only; left mid to the front channel and the right mid to the rear channel, and only the left mid worked.

So I tried the most basic test of all (at least I think it is). I hooked up all 4 speakers and I only hooked up one rca from the front preout to the front input and the speakers worked. I moved the rca to the rear input and nothing.

So the rear channel is fucked right?

Up to you.  You can have it repaired, but its hard to find good service on repairing amps. 

I have love for the Grand PRix as well.  How big is your box for your BL?  Height?

I'm talking to the guy right now. He said he never had a problem with the rear channel. We'll see how this goes. His speakers worked
perfectly fine when he demoed it for me, but I didn't look to see how he had them wired up. I have the 4 speakers wired to only the front channel right now and they all work. Not sure if this is good or bad for the amp or what my ohm load is but its temporary.

Would I be able to test the rear channel with a DMM at all?

I think it might be the speaker output, since it didnt work when I had the amp switched to 2 channels.

I need a definitive way to see if the channel's crap.

of course hes going to say that.  you already made the deal right?  If its not putting out sound at all, or its distorting/cutting out its probably bad.  You should have bought the zcon for sure because the motor weight is worth 200 alone.

Up to you.  You can have it repaired, but its hard to find good service on repairing amps. 

I have love for the Grand PRix as well.  How big is your box for your BL?  Height?

Recommend a good service? I might be able to fix it and still make money on it.

It was in some shitty ported box that was around 3.75^3. It sounded great though. I'm trading W140 for his unopened Gcon because I'm moving towards a more sq setup (hence the 4 channel amp). Height was about 16 1/2.I got it in the trunk but it sure as hell ain't coming out.

I actually just switched my Grand Prix with a new grand prix lol. I love that car so much.